Pops on deacceleration - is this normal?

I'm still getting pops when rolling off in second (no gear change) or when changing gears (3-2-1). It's been 1500 miles and I was hoping it would have sorted itself out by now. 

I'm curious if that's something unique to my bike or if anyone else experienced this and it did or did not require a trip to the dealer. I did not change the stock exhaust and I use 91 oct. gas. 

My thoughts are to change out where I'm buying gas to see if it's a gas vendor issue but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

James

No other changes to the bike?  Air filter?  You are somewhere between being normal and maybe running slightly lean.  I feel like mine does a slight bit of popping and it is completely stock.  

• Thumbsup 1

Normally, pops on the overrun are due to unburnt fuel going through the exhaust and it’s common when you swap exhausts and get rid of the catalyst. It could also be a fault in your AIS, which bleeds air into the exhaust to lower emissions. 

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Get an ECU flash from a professional tuner like Ivan's Performance. They will cut the air induction system off as part of the tune, no more pops on deceleration, plus a whole host of other benefits, except fuel mileage. 

• Thumbsup 1

You might find this increases or decreases with how you close the throttle. If you snap it shut when you want to decelerate, you might get no pops, but if you chop the throttle to say, 1/2, then you might get lots of pops.  Just a guess, as the old K  4 cyl inline BMWs did this big time.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 8:00 AM, jamespz03 said:

I'm still getting pops when rolling off in second (no gear change) or when changing gears (3-2-1). It's been 1500 miles and I was hoping it would have sorted itself out by now. 

I'm curious if that's something unique to my bike or if anyone else experienced this and it did or did not require a trip to the dealer. I did not change the stock exhaust and I use 91 oct. gas. 

My thoughts are to change out where I'm buying gas to see if it's a gas vendor issue but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

James

One of the best features o the bike ,,I wish it was a bit more ,,I love it 

• Thumbsup 1