available options for crash bar engine guards for the Tracer 9 GT

aristosv

Hello,

I am looking to buy crash bar engine guards for my Tracer 9 GT but...

Yamaha guards are too expensive. €349.95

Hepco & Becker and not in stock

- SW-Motech are not in stock

- GIVI don't even exist yet

Do you know of any other options for crash bar engine guards for the Tracer 9 GT? That are ideally available for purchase, and don't break the bank? Thanks. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 3:18 AM, aristosv said:

Hello,

I am looking to buy crash bar engine guards for my Tracer 9 GT but...

- GIVI don't even exist yet

Do you know of any other options for crash bar engine guards for the Tracer 9 GT? That are ideally available for purchase, and don't break the bank? Thanks. 

I think that you mentioned all that I know of. I suggest that you reach out to Givi and ask them whether the 900 GT bars would fit. There is a chance that the mounting points are the same and there may not be any interference with the fairings. Worth a try in the meantime ... 

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• Supporting Member

IMHO the Higdonian cage is the most attractive:

https://higdonion.com/collections/yamaha/fj-09

...not sure if the cage can be ordered separate from the skid plate, though.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Hopefully the Hepco-Becker bars work better on the Tracer 9 than they did on my 2015 FJ-09. The fitment was so tight that I couldn't get the side panels off without scratching them, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of the guards.

Plus, that stupid piece of flat steel welded in the front half means you can't easily bolt on accessories like aux lights or highway pegs.

I also have the Hepco-Becker saddlebags. They leak in rain and the rack is starting to show some vibration wear after 45k miles. I guess you could say I've fallen out of love with that brand.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting the givis for my 2019, work great. Mom in law backed over my bike, son dropped twice in parking lots and wife dropped it in my driveway...,..

Bike was totaled Monday and I'm now the proud new owner of a titanium wrist 🤕... Any consensus on bars for 2021-22 yet?

• Sad 1