This Weather-ARRRGH!

Apologies to readers in colder climes, but I have to get this out. 😄

I live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Georgia (US) and our weather is completely schizophrenic!  Last week I was out riding on a sunny day with the temperature reading 81 degrees F (27C).  Today's it's snowing here and expected to be 19F (-7C) tonight.  I love living where we have chances to ride all year 'round but these seasonal changes make planning rides crazy.  It's like springtime enjoys teasing us with a few warm days, then laughs at our plans.   I know it's premeditated because the best days are during the work week and the bad weather likes to arrive on the weekends. 

Oh well - I guess I'll check on my maintenance items and plan rides on my mapping app.  Soon it will be Springtime to stay and I hope I'll see some of you on the roads nearby.  In the meantime, stay warm and be optimistic about good riding weather arriving soon. 

Ride Safe -  

Edited by YamaGeezer
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, YamaGeezer said:

I know it's premeditated because the best days are during the work week and the bad weather likes to arrive on the weekends

100% this.  I knew thing were going to be odd this weekend when the weather map showed 70 degrees here, but 19 degrees on the other side of the state.   Sure enough, it was down into the mid-30s overnight, just in time for the weekend.  :(   

At least it’s sunny and dry… 

• Thumbsup 1

Brutal cold here yesterday - only got up to 35F.  today will be 56F and tomorrow 64F.  Got a dusting of snow early Saturday morning.  We've had some great days recently but not this weekend.  Looks like a couple of great days to ride this week - it's rough being retired 🙂   My yard looks like a homeless encampment where my daughter covered up all the flowers she planted and doesn't want to freeze.  We have a nice Tulip tree which normally blooms in January but didn't bloom this year until late February.  Has not been super cold but think it got nipped by a frost and then waited to bloom.  Summers are tough here with heat and humidity but winters are short.

On 3/12/2022 at 9:45 AM, YamaGeezer said:

Apologies to readers in colder climes, but I have to get this out. 😄

I live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Georgia (US) and our weather is completely schizophrenic!  Last week I was out riding on a sunny day with the temperature reading 81 degrees F (27C).  Today's it's snowing here and expected to be 19F (-7C) tonight.  I love living where we have chances to ride all year 'round but these seasonal changes make planning rides crazy.  It's like springtime enjoys teasing us with a few warm days, then laughs at our plans.   I know it's premeditated because the best days are during the work week and the bad weather likes to arrive on the weekends. 

Oh well - I guess I'll check on my maintenance items and plan rides on my mapping app.  Soon it will be Springtime to stay and I hope I'll see some of you on the roads nearby.  In the meantime, stay warm and be optimistic about good riding weather arriving soon. 

Ride Safe -  

I would love to live in your area.  In fact, I wanted to north Georgia or western NC after I retired, but the wife has too much family here.

You have some of the best motorcycle roads in the world and your riding season is a bit longer that ours here in central Kentucky.

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
4 hours ago, DR_DR3I said:

Where I live we call this "False Spring." 

Still, was able to ride about 60 miles yesterday for the 1st time this year. It was a beautiful 68*F day.

It was gorgeous yesterday the better half and I went for a walk me with my arm in a sling and her with her cane...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1

Isn't March the "cruelest month"?

We have similar swings here in southern California.  Just that, the swings are less dramatic.  A cold day here is a high of 55f and a low of 35f.  Some days a high of 88f and a low of 48f.  All within the same week.  Every day is a riding day.

I've lived all over the U.S., in every quadrant and in between.  SoCal has the best weather.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, KrustyKush said:

Isn't March the "cruelest month"?

We have similar swings here in southern California.  Just that, the swings are less dramatic.  A cold day here is a high of 55f and a low of 35f.  Some days a high of 88f and a low of 48f.  All within the same week.  Every day is a riding day.

I've lived all over the U.S., in every quadrant and in between.  SoCal has the best weather.

Fa sure!

I left San Diego in 81 and haven't been back since!

One of my kids lives there now and wants to stay.

We didn't raise no dumbies.

I'm the only crazy one for leaving.

Best county roads and climate in the US!

Go Aztecs!

• Thumbsup 1