• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I just realized. I don't hear of many flashing their 2021-22s

My ‘21 Tracer 9 feels ok except for what sounds like a 300 or so RPM surging at steady throttle, around 3k rpm, on flat road, in the higher gears. Really hear it with earplugs in. 
Haven't ridden with earplugs yet since I had the recall reflash done, so will see if that was fixed also. 

Edited by Smokamoto

In the early years of FI on bikes it was pretty crude. I had an 03 Gold Wing that was difficult to ride in a parking lot due to that choppy on-off throttle. I don’t find anything to complain about with my 21GT. It is smooth as butter. Road undulations cause my throttle hand to move a bit causing a sense of “surging” at steady speeds but this is true of other bikes (such as FJR) I’ve owned.

After nearly 3 months and 4500 miles this 21GT is about perfect for me. 

I flashed the ECU of my 2012 FZ-01 and it sorted out the throttle.  The 2021 Tracer 9GT is so smooth it doesn't need a flash in my opinion.

BTW I just had the T9GT's ECU recall flash and I can't tell any difference.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, CRFan250 said:

Don't think anyone has a flash for it yet either so there is that.......

Vcyclenut has had one out for a while.

But yes, I agree that there isn't a need for one the bike is super smooth as-is. Though it does look like there are some gains to be had with a flash + full exhaust change:

all-exhausts-compared_orig.thumb.jpeg.72df4f308f43bf9cb7827d9392cf2cd4.jpeg

Dropping $1500+ on a system then another $250 on the tune for is a lot for a bike that doesn't have any noticeable deadspot on stock map. All of the tested exausts are high-mount too I believe, losing the stock "hidden" exhaust look.

Though the Arrow decatted version is $1,000 and looks pretty.... hmm.

• Thumbsup 6

For me a tune was needed to get rid of that hideous stock exhaust.  The new ones are even more hideous, lol.  I personally only use Ivan's tunes and the Black widow exhaust wasn't very expensive and its quite nice quality wise.  :)

• Thumbsup 1

On 4/13/2022 at 2:48 PM, CRFan250 said:

For me a tune was needed to get rid of that hideous stock exhaust.  The new ones are even more hideous, lol.  I personally only use Ivan's tunes and the Black widow exhaust wasn't very expensive and its quite nice quality wise.  :)

If your signature is still correct: your 2020 definitely benefits from a tune, even without after market exhaust, but this thread is about tuning the new model. So far everyone agrees that it doesn't need a tune. 

Personally I find the stock exhaust beter looking than any after market exhaust. The less I see it, the better. Lucky for me! 8) I would even go further and say that if Acrapovic was a cheap Eastern European brand that all factories fitted by default and the stock exhaust that we have now was built by a racing parts company then most people would think that the OEM is the better looking one. IMO it's more about the mass hype and sexy names than how it looks. I have considered an acra for the sound but it looks like a downgrade to me visually. I have 120 hp at the wheel after the ECU flash so there's no real power gains neither.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's all subjective and I can certainly understand people enjoying their exhausts. I'm just happy with the stock one.

Edited by petshark
  • Thumbsup 5
  • Like 3

All good by me!  Variety is the spice of life and I never critique how someone sets their bike up.  Everyone is different and that's cool by me....it's all about getting out and riding anyway. :)

• Thumbsup 3

I bought my 21GT in a fit of suddenness, without knowing ANYTHING about this bike, or the general category it represents.

As I looked it over on the showroom floor, the first thing that struck me was the exhaust, specifically the absence of ridiculously huge cans that take up space on the sides of the bike. This really attracted me to the bike, even though the stock muffler looks terrible, like a cow’s bladder.

Appearance aside, from function POV the stock muffler is genius. And function is my goal. True beauty is found in functional superiority. Not a fan of aftermarket stupid-loud exhaust systems. When I was a child I drilled dozens of holes into the similarly-designed muffler on my 1964 Piaggio/Sears scooter, to make it louder, not better. But I’m not 14 anymore. Now I prefer a stout Martini to a can of Sprite.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm +1 on the hidden exhaust - it is such a nice feature!

Coming from a 2013 R1 where I was sitting on two pipes - loud an proud! Although I do miss that crossplane noise. 😕

I had a vcycle flash before and will probably get one for 22GT as well - primary reasons are 2 fold - wrist-snap mode (I think it's called 'quick turn' now) for "fun" in mode 1 (since I ride in mode 2), and lower the ridiculous decel off throttle. This thing feels like it's recharging the batteries when you let off the throttle. :D 

5 hours ago, kiseliok said:

and lower the ridiculous decel off throttle. This thing feels like it's recharging the batteries when you let off the throttle. :D 

That is the only reason I flashed my 2019 and I got a couple other benefits in the process. 

Edited by Skidood
  • Thumbsup 1