Goodbye fellow C3 lovers

• Supporting Member

Bittersweet, I am sure.

Good luck on your new adventures!

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On 6/3/2022 at 6:28 PM, Buggy Nate said:

Goodbye guys! My lovely tracer was traded in on a new T7. Sad days as I absolutely loved that engine but I feel like I did well to ride it for so long without a ticket or a free pair of bracelets! 😂

I shall still pop in from time to time to say hi and answer questions. I have the genuine Yamaha rack for sale too if anyone needs it in Australia. I feel like shipping would be exorbitant.

Keep the rubber side down and I’ll see you out there!

726C5362-8871-4648-9635-9A9339EE67E6.jpeg

I'm seriously considering buying a set of the 2022 front side panels with the speed blocks to put on my red and white 2021.  I love those speed blocks, but I'm unsure if the red will match the red on the rear of mine.  Gotta see them side by side sometime 

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I'm seriously considering buying a set of the 2022 front side panels with the speed blocks to put on my red and white 2021.  I love those speed blocks, but I'm unsure if the red will match the red on the rear of mine.  Gotta see them side by side sometime 

The colour scheme is absolutely spot on, it looks brilliant! I wasn’t a big fan of the gold wheels but they have grown on me and I love them now. Only downer is the front guard is black instead of white. But that is an easy fix.

• Thumbsup 2

49 minutes ago, Paladins31 said:

Congrats on the new Tenere.  Would love to hear some feedback on that bike, specifically the ergos.  My nephew is strongly considering one.

It’s very roomy and comfy, I’m 6’2 and have lots of space, sitting or standing. The seat is firm but comfortable. Just fit up a nice carbon muffler which sounds amazing.

On 6/7/2022 at 8:36 AM, Buggy Nate said:

It’s very roomy and comfy, I’m 6’2 and have lots of space, sitting or standing. The seat is firm but comfortable. Just fit up a nice carbon muffler which sounds amazing.

My nephew has knee issues, so he can't do an aggressive bend at the knee for long sustained rides.  How does the seat-to-footped distance compare to the FJ?

17 minutes ago, Paladins31 said:

My nephew has knee issues, so he can't do an aggressive bend at the knee for long sustained rides.  How does the seat-to-footped distance compare to the FJ?

Much more relaxed and comfortable. I’ve got a ratshit knee too. I’d say a close to 90° bend

That sounds like a good fit for him.  He needs to leg-over one to see if it will work.  He rented a Honda Africa Twin and the riding position suited him.  I'd imagine the Tenere 7 would be similar.  Thanks.

• Supporting Member

This might be redundant, but I've found this to be fairly accurate to get an idea of ergos:

http://cycle-ergo.com

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount