Central Phone mount above display

Stumpyone

Hey guys, has anyone got any good fixes to get a phone mount centrally above the display fixed maybe to the screen extender handle. I have a quadlock mount on the handlebar at present but would like to move it up above the display.

any ideas

Mark

Just wanted to add ... I paid a whole lot less for mine.  Just grabbed that ebay link for an easy example.  Think I got mine on aliexpress, or something.

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

I put this one on my bike. It sucks. Vibrates too much. 
IMG_0221.thumb.jpeg.3de8fb42011f8adfd9efbeb8c736f6e5.jpeg

I'm going to give this one a go this winter. Unlike the one above, this one isn’t quite so flat so hopefully shouldn’t vibrate quite as bad. 
IMG_0220.thumb.jpeg.68fe66eef01faab4704b43aaf4f1af7b.jpeg

On 9/30/2023 at 6:28 AM, Heavy said:

I bought a similar item off of Ebay but it has only two RAM ball positions then I added the Quad Lock ball mount.  I used shims to keep that "adapter" from bouncing around a lot and used Quad vibration damper.

• Supporting Member
On 10/1/2023 at 2:25 PM, roadrash83 said:

I have the same one @Heli ATP is showing above and am very happy with it. It does vibrate more than my Ram handle bar mount, but it's out of the weather. 

I fixed that vibration/bouncing by putting some adhesive backed foam between the mount and windscreen control, then I used some shim material to finish the job.  Rock steady now.

• Thumbsup 1

• 5 months later...

I also have the top one that DT675 posted, and find it basically unusable due to the vibes.  Maybe a SERIOUS vibe dampener would help...

• Premium Member

Behind the in your face powered phone mount, which has been bulletproof, is a vibration damped RAM standard T- Slot bar that can handle power for 3 low-draw devices. If they're small, say a radar detector, GPS and TPMS ECU-display

I have scattered about at least 6 dual USB-A 3~5 amp power outlets, 1 with a volt meter where the 15 had a blank right hand hole opposite the left OEM 12v cigarette lighter socket.

plus I have 10 & 15a SAE and Coaxial power plugs.

All circuits are done very Sano, switchable and fused.

20240317_085951.jpg

• Thumbsup 1