YAMAHA FJ-09, MT-09 TRACER Knuckle guard LED Kit - v2

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Why do all these have to make the bolts so prominent? I would buy them in a second if the bolts were blacked out or covered. This is looks cool + cheap to me.
No dis intended, but cannot you apply a drop or two of black matt paint? Or stick a small dome/ acorn nut on top with some silicone.   Don't see this as a reason not to install this safety- and appearance-enhancing farkle! I've just ordered a pair anyway...!
L

• Premium Member
I was glad to see these back on eBay. Love the look of them. I'm not too thrilled about drilling holes in the hand guards though, and the delivery date window of June 2 to July 1 is a long time to wait. Hopefully it is closer to June 2nd than July. Nevertheless, I still couldn't pass them up again, so I took the plunge.

FINALLY! Trigger pulled! Can't wait to mount these and my Custom LED tail light. Also wanting to install some flush mount LED signals front and rear (and run the hand guard lights as signals). Anybody tried running all LEDs yet? Will I need to install a flash relay to slow down the flash rate?

Oh, I'm so excited!!!!!

FINALLY! Trigger pulled! Can't wait to mount these and my Custom LED tail light. Also wanting to install some flush mount LED signals front and rear (and run the hand guard lights as signals). Anybody tried running all LEDs yet? Will I need to install a flash relay to slow down the flash rate? 
Oh, I'm so excited!!!!!

You wont need rear led turn signals they are intergrated into the custom led tail light.

Fair points, but the bolts don't need to be there or visible and even if painted look hideous from a design angle.  Someone said you have to drill holes.  I guess for wiring.  Anyway, please post comments about quality when someone receives these.  I may work on designing some that can be snapped into place with bolts showing.

...Anyway, please post comments about quality when someone receives these.....
The quality is perfect....nicely wrapped in a descent package. Materials are also from outstanding quality...Value for money..
If you would take a look at the installation manual link (on ebay) you can see the mounting details.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
I installed mine last weekend. Really like the look and quality of the pieces.
BB - is installation quite as easy and semi-fool-proof as the on-line instructions appear to show? I have a pair on order...
L of S