YAMAHA FJ-09, MT-09 TRACER Knuckle guard LED Kit - v2

I just got stung for an additional £28 by ParcelFarce, for import VAT. Grumble.

Hope they look good now.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 4 weeks later...
Would like 'em to light white continuously, as a daytime running light and amber/orange blinker function (white /amber alternating) Don't seem to find this variety

Not familiar with eBay purchases , scared off by eBay's protection of sellers and not having an eBay account,also would like to purchase it from a regular webshop

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Some may say I"m nit picking but within a year of installing the orange ones they have faded to the point of looking almost white. Let me add my bike is stored indoors and I work a midnight shift so bike only sees sunlight on weekend rides and 30 min commute home from work in the morning.
As far as function no issues at all. I did feel more visible especially at night.
I have since taken off my hand guards for better high speed stability on the freeway around large vehicles.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Some may say I"m nit picking but within a year of installing the orange ones they have faded to the point of looking almost white. Let me add my bike is stored indoors and I work a midnight shift so bike only sees sunlight on weekend rides and 30 min commute home from work in the morning. As far as function no issues at all. I did feel more visible especially at night.
I have since taken off my hand guards for better high speed stability on the freeway around large vehicles.

Mine sits outside in the sun so I guess I'll find out how "fast" they can fade haha

• Premium Member
I have had the kit installed for about a year with no issues,

Then again the 350 days of nonstop sunshine might have something to do with it.?

Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• 1 month later...
No pictures, but they're not particularly bright. They are effective in overcast weather, especially if linked up to flash with indicators, and very good at night.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

I really like how these Knuckle Guard LED's look on the FJ-09 but just found another seller of these on ebay for half the price. The seller from Korea is top notch but I cant vouch for this new seller from China.

Search eBay for 'YAMAHA MT09 TRACER FJ-09 MT-09 TRACER Motorcycle Hand Lights Knuckle Guard Kit' to see. Proceed at you own risk.

3 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

I really like how these Knuckle Guard LED's look on the FJ-09 but just found another seller of these on ebay for half the price. The seller from Korea is top notch but I cant vouch for this new seller from China.

Search eBay for 'YAMAHA MT09 TRACER FJ-09 MT-09 TRACER Motorcycle Hand Lights Knuckle Guard Kit' to see. Proceed at you own risk.

I had a pair of these D-ZELL brand (I assume) LED knuckle guards ex Korea on an earlier Tracer.   BRILLIANT (in all senses of the word) - super easy to install, and added greatly to my sense of security and visibility to others on the road.   Highly recommended....... 

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.