What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
So I finally finished my luggage racks, got the phone mount on, dialed in the touring screen and am now ready to go.
@fanowater: Is this the Yamaha touring screen? I would be very curious to hear how it is for you, in terms of wind protection, buffeting, and noise! Also roughly how tall you are if you don't mind!

Thank you!

• Premium Member
Alejandro - The touring screen is the 24" Parabellum screen. I am 5'8" with a 29 inch inseam. The screen is pretty quite, no buffeting and offers a huge amount of wind protection. Too much for a hot California summer, but should be great this winter.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
I went into the garage this morning. There is an MT09 shaped space as I dropped it off at the dealer yesterday evening for the 6000 mile service.

Still no phone call to say it's done. The sun is shining. I want my bike back!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I can't have my bike until Tuesday as the workshop is down a technician today.

However, I have this for the weekend.

std%20MT09.jpg

Nice little shopping bike.

PLAYTIME :)

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I can't have my bike until Tuesday as the workshop is down a technician today. 
However, I have this for the weekend.

std%20MT09.jpg

Nice little shopping bike.

PLAYTIME :)

What's that, and MT-07? 

• Premium Member
Today, I introduced her to the magnificent Blue Ridge Parkway. :)

BRP_FJ_001_zpsb2zld5tw.jpg

BRP_FJ_004_zpsjj5tfkas.jpg

And yeah, that's me, you couldn't knock the stupid grin off my face the entire day. :P
BRP_FJ_003_zpsi4w346oj.jpg

315 miles later, I'm home. 8)

Decided to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway, just because. It was great. Little to no traffic anywhere, the few slowpokes I encountered were passed very quickly and easily, no LEO presence of any kind, anywhere... it's like the day was crafted just for this ride. 

Now, I'm chompin' down a handful of Vitamin IB and washing it down with a bourbon & coke. :)

Might I also add... I'm surprisingly less fatigued, and saddle-sore than I was after the same ride last year on the KLR... And the SV before that with a Corbin seat... Go Yamaha! However I will probably order up one of those Alaska Leather sheepskin buttpads soon. While I'm not hurting too bad, my ass is still rather pissed off at me after a 300 mile day. 
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Bad News: I got a flat in the OEM rear tire.
Good News: I was 0.2 mile from home. and made it safely there.
Bad News: tire has a very large hole right in the center. Can't be reliably repaired.
Good News: OEM has 5300 miles on it and a few wear bars were touching the road.
Good News: I had a Pilot Road 4 ready.
Good News: Cycle Gear changed my tire, while I waited. Total time from noticing flat on the way home to new tire mounted and back on bike was 1:15.
Good News: Love the PR4. Very nice cornering. I ground the right hand feeler on the test ride without trying.

2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

Bad News: I got a flat in the OEM rear tire. Good News: I was 0.2 mile from home. and made it safely there.
Bad News: tire has a very large hole right in the center. Can't be reliably repaired.
Good News: Cycle Gear changed my tire, while I waited. Total time from noticing flat on the way home to new tire mounted and back on bike was 1:15.
Good News: Love the PR4. Very nice cornering. I ground the right hand feeler on the test ride without trying.

I was thinking of replacing oem with Pilot Road 4 and after reading what you wrote i am convinced thanks. 

• Premium Member
Bad News: I got a flat in the OEM rear tire. Good News: I was 0.2 mile from home. and made it safely there.

I was thinking of replacing oem with Pilot Road 4 and after reading what you wrote i am convinced thanks.
+1, I'm a lifelong Michelin fanatic. Once the Dunlops are cooked, PR4's it shall be!!
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Guest branthopolis
Today, I introduced her to the magnificent Blue Ridge Parkway. :) 

e day. 
Nice...     I love riding on the Parkway..  Wish I could get up there more often..    Such a fun road with no traffic...  and if you get caught behind a car for a little bit and have to slow down, the penalty is having time to look around at all the breathtaking scenery..     win-win..

What did I do today with my FJ-09? Well.... I hit a deer at speeds of 40 to 45mph and stayed on the bike! She weighted about 65 to 70 pounds. Broke the front fender and the innermost faring on both sides as well as the nose faring under the lights. All in all I'm lucky. Its my 3rd deer and only time I've stayed on the bike by hitting one. So as the forms says "what did you do to your FJ-09 today?"

What did I do today with my FJ-09? Well.... I hit a deer at speeds of 40 to 45mph and stayed on the bike! She weighted about 65 to 70 pounds. Broke the front fender and the innermost faring on both sides as well as the nose faring under the lights. All in all I'm lucky. Its my 3rd deer and only time I've stayed on the bike by hitting one. So as the forms says "what did you do to your FJ-09 today?"
That's not the type of thing we like to hear happening to an FJ or any biker. That said, very impressive you stayed on the bike and glad everything is ok.

Yesterday I rode the FJ down to Hollister to have a new Corbin seat built.  One of the benefits of doing a ride in is that you are able to change the designs a little from what is normally offered.  I elected to make the seat in a monoposto style, covering over the passenger area in a flattened surface to better facilitate strapping on luggage.  I will never be using this bike for a two-up tourer.  And I went a little more outside the box and covered the seat in the "Black Bomber" leather.  It actually is more grey and has a bit of a vintage distressed look to it.  Mike Corbin made the suggestion to use the material and I agreed that the color worked well with the matte grey paint on the FJ. 

IMG_0484_zpszxb94fji.jpg

IMG_0490_zpsc3gzydvg.jpg

IMG_0491_zpssduqzzgh.jpg

IMG_0493_zpsljd87vtk.jpg

Excellent. Welcome to the Corbin/FJ family. Nice to have a real seat, eh?