What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Pulled the rear wheel... new tire should arrive today. Wheel removal is nice and easy!

4261 miles on the stock Dunlop, down to the wear bars, but worn evenly, edge to edge.  :D

Replacing with another Dunlop Roadsmart, as the front is ~50% or better.  I plan to switch to Michelins, but too cheap to throw away a good front right now... :P

Pulled the rear wheel... new tire should arrive today. Wheel removal is nice and easy! 
4261 miles on the stock Dunlop, down to the wear bars, but worn evenly, edge to edge.  :D

Replacing with another Dunlop Roadsmart, as the front is ~50% or better.  I plan to switch to Michelins, but too cheap to throw away a good front right now... :P

I did the exact same.  But after running the Michelins for 4000 K, I wasn't as impressed as I am with them on my FJR and went back to the Dunlop Roadsmart 2s on the next tire change.  I installed PR-3 on rear and PR-4 on front.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I did the exact same.  But after running the Michelins for 4000 K, I wasn't as impressed as I am with them on my FJR and went back to the Dunlop Roadsmart 2s on the next tire change.  I installed PR-3 on rear and PR-4 on front.
What did you not like about that setup? 
My plan is to run Power 3CT (or whatever the latest is) on the front and PR4 on the rear.  I ran PP 2CT front/ PR2 rear on my 'Busa for years and was quite happy with the combo.  The stock Dunlops on the FJ9 just never felt as planted, and I really don't like the Dunlops in the rain...

• Premium Member
Nothing...:-(
Working and counting down the days till delivery...
Looking at this forum and absorbing as much knowledge as I can.
It's all good...
:-)
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

What did you not like about that setup? 
My plan is to run Power 3CT (or whatever the latest is) on the front and PR4 on the rear.  I ran PP 2CT front/ PR2 rear on my 'Busa for years and was quite happy with the combo.  The stock Dunlops on the FJ9 just never felt as planted, and I really don't like the Dunlops in the rain...

I felt the Dunlops were faster to respond and good feed back, while the PRs on the FJ were slow and vague.  The same tires on my FJR are absolutly fantastic.  You may be on to a good combination with the 3CT on the front, I haven't tried that.  The 3CTs may provide a faster response.  I may try that after I go thru the T30s.  BTW. a friend of mine has 4 sets of PR2s in his garage because he ran the PR3s and 4s and didn't like them on his FJR, because that is what he ran on his FZ-1.  I'm finding each bike to be different and what worked on one bike doesn't feel the same and therefore doesn't work on another, but you should always try what worked best on another bike, just to make sure. 
Good luck and keep us apraised.

• Premium Member
A rock put a hole in my oil pan.
That sucks. Any details on what happened? Off-road or what?
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

A rock put a hole in my oil pan.
That sucks. Any details on what happened? Off-road or what?

Sorry to hear, where exactly did the rock hit? If you have a pic, I would like to see it. I'm wondering if it's near the drain plug where the fin around it drops down? And if this would have helped, or could help in the future? Drain plug mod

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

While this isn't specifically something I did to my FJ it is about my FJ. The vinyl cutter I bought has been fun, including making this for the rear window of my car.
And on a side note I crossed 10k miles since April, when I got my FJ.
Have a weird vibration that I believe has gotten worse so I will try to get to a dealer and ride another to see if I find the same vibration or not. And my cam chain has gotten a little obnoxious too at times so I will talk to them about that as well.
Have a good weekend all!

c053b1fbd7a6ede1e34a886237a92b43.jpg

Shortened the pedal throw on rear brake and bled it to improve feel - found bleeder valve just past finger tight, but no fluid loss. Will probably try EBC HH or Ferodo pads to see if they help.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

While this isn't specifically something I did to my FJ it is about my FJ. The vinyl cutter I bought has been fun, including making this for the rear window of my car. And on a side note I crossed 10k miles since April, when I got my FJ.
Have a weird vibration that I believe has gotten worse so I will try to get to a dealer and ride another to see if I find the same vibration or not. And my cam chain has gotten a little obnoxious too at times so I will talk to them about that as well.
Have a good weekend all!

c053b1fbd7a6ede1e34a886237a92b43.jpg
Around 12,000 miles I got a vibration and noise that wasn't there before.  I was in the middle of a 4,000 mile ride and just lived with it.  At 14,000 I changed the chain and the vibration and noise went away.  I'm at 11,000 on the second chain and it hasn't returned.  Just a thought.

Shortened the pedal throw on rear brake and bled it to improve feel - found bleeder valve just past finger tight, but no fluid loss. Will probably try EBC HH or Ferodo pads to see if they help.
Would love to hear how those other pads work.   Thanks.