What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Do you live in Belgium @zachd - I can understand needing those lights & horn in Belgium where most car drivers seem to have evolved to a point where their ears & eyes have limited function.

No, West coast of the good ol U S and A.

But drivers here are so glued to their phones and distracted it's awful. I like to be seen and be heard. A few close sideswipes was enough for me to determine I wanted a few extras to try and help prevent it as much as possible. I know there have been times since installing my driving lights that I could tell they've helped drivers see me. And the horn....well Holy Jesus it's loud as hell. I also do an excessive amount of night riding, and as of late I've been camping off the bike. So it's nice having the extra light at night going down dirt roads in the woods.

Installed a PR4 rear tire, ZX10R shock (with OE spring as it suits my weight) and flashed another revision to my ECU tune. (Probably revision 9 or 10)
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

indeed...139dB of pure intimidation... sure to have cagers spilling their hot lattes all over.
Yeah, all over their cell phones (mobiles for those on the other side of the pond) 8-) .  Sorry I pointed you at an Australian posting on ebay, but a search for the name pulls up a lot of them on there.  The 30 amp requirement kind of concerns me though, I guess that means new wiring throughout, not using the aux circuit under the windshield, huh. 

I installed the cheap Chinese brake and clutch levers from Mad Hornets last week. I bought the gold shorty levers set for $39. They match the forks perfectly, and they look and feel like a quality part. Install was easy. They work great so far. I love the feel of the shortys over the full size oem levers. I prefer two finger braking. Even when using 3 or 4 fingers it feels better than the huge oem levers. Even if the paint strips away in 2 years, at that price I can afford to buy 3-4 more sets and still not spend the $200 the competition is asking. I also took a chance and bought the frame sliders from Mad Hornets. They were about $90 versus $190. They look great and are really solid. You can spot the sliders in the last pic. They blend into the bike's frame nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/vZEEXcN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cC6MFBm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WMCEtVi.jpg

Fitted a CycleGuys Fastpack. I like having storage that zips away when not in use. I contacted them with the rear seat measurements and they recommended their size 14 Fastpack. I went with the 13 though, I didn't want the pack hanging over the edges of the seat and looking sloppy. The factory strap system did not work with our seats so I cut it off and had the mother in law sew on some Velcro straps. Seems to work perfectly without interfering with our rear seat latching mechanism. Combined with my MotoCentric tank bag plus a backpack it should be enough for a weekend away.

...I bought the gold shorty levers set for $39. They match the forks perfectly, and they look and feel like a quality part... http://i.imgur.com/cC6MFBm.jpg

I was in the garage today thinking of doing the very same thing. Nice install, and gold looks great. The original levers do look pretty clunky.
The levers took about 10 days to ship from China to Virginia USA. The box was pretty beat, but everything was wrapped well. I watched several youtube videos for installing levers first. Some guy named Eli did a nice levers install video on an FJ09 with some China knock off levers by Ride It. The Ride It levers are about $80 for the set. The Ride It levers don't come with a bushing on the clutch lever and the oem bushing will need to be swapped into the new lever, but that wasn't the case with these from Mad Hornets. Although, the bushing on the new clutch was slightly smaller than the oem. I tried to remove it and swap it out, but it's encased somehow and I wasn't about to start banging things with a rubber mallet. There was a little play in the clutch, but I was able to adjust the tension on the nut that holds it in until it was just right. It works great and feels just as smooth now. If you decide to check out Mad Hornets, keep in mind that there products DO NOT come with instructions. And make sure you look for parts compatible with a 2015 or greater FZ-09/MT-09. They list a dozen bike models next to each part and it can be confusing because all the parts look the same, but obviously won't all fit the same.

I'll be busy over the weekend, installing my new Matris Shock & Fork Cartridge :) 

I've been waiting for your suspension parts to arrive also. Please let us know how she rides.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
indeed...139dB of pure intimidation... sure to have cagers spilling their hot lattes all over.
Yeah, all over their cell phones (mobiles for those on the other side of the pond) 8-) .  Sorry I pointed you at an Australian posting on ebay, but a search for the name pulls up a lot of them on there.  The 30 amp requirement kind of concerns me though, I guess that means new wiring throughout, not using the aux circuit under the windshield, huh.
Just get the relay wiring kit for it and be done. Put a few of them on bikes I've owned, never gave them a second thought. The Denali air horn from Twisted Throttle with the remote compressor  located under the seat works great also. I have mine mounted there. Takes a little spare tubing to reach the horn, but no problem really. http://fj-09.org/thread/323/stebel-nautilus-air-horn?page=2

• Premium Member
Installed shorty clutch and brake levers!  Getting ready to ride the "twisted sisters" in a couple of weeks!  (For you guys out of Texas (which seems like almost everyone), that ride is one of the top rides in Texas RR 335, 336, and 337.

Cleaned it up and hit the mountains yesterday. I haven't taken it out on such a long ride, let alone into unfamiliar territory, in quite a while so it was painfully obvious the soft suspension and sensitive throttle. I'm so used to the roads I commute on that I hardly notice it, but when you gotta vary your throttle and braking from all of the twisties you really notice it.

Will try to firm the suspension up first. Coming up on 1 year since I bought it so the extended warranty is about to take place, may send the ECU in for a flash at that point.