What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

More orange for my bike! 
Neon orange wheel graphics along with reflective orange staggered rim tape to light up at night.

Also added some Avon Trailrider tires.
4d7e455b30aae8fffaecd75e66ec9969.jpg

d4595a40115ebc65fa566c6cd716e9df.jpg

I took an experienced rider course a few years ago, and one of the first things said in the classroom was "We're going to discuss visibility today - make yourself visible!" 
That thought caused my only hesitation in buying the matte gray (asphalt colored) FJ.  You've done some good things in being more visible IMO.  I'm still working on it, though in a bit more subtle way with reflectors and reflective tape and stuff like the knuckle guard lights.

• Premium Member
I just swapped out the V-Stream touring for a V-stream sport-touring screen.
I got a V-Stream sport touring screen on Thursday.  Swapped it in that night and rode ~700mi over the last three days. 
Previously I had tried the Ermax touring, Ermax sport touring, and Ermax sport touring + Puig deflector.  Of those three I liked the last the best, but it was still pretty rumbly, especially at speed.  They were all hell-and-gone better than the Yamaha screen though.

The V-Stream is better.  Nice clean air up to about 65mph, then it starts to get rumbly.  It's not particularly loud until nearly triple digits mph.  The bracket works well at keeping it from bouncing around, better than the Ermax which uses the Yamaha mounting plate.  It has quite a bit less flex than the Ermax touring screen likely both because of its shape and the fact that it's a lot thicker.

It's slightly taller than I prefer, I can't see over the top of it to see the road right in front of the tire, but the light smoke color is plenty clear enough.

I was worried that it would block so much air that I'd stifle on a hot day, but it got up to about 80F and there was enough air coming around onto my arms and through the mesh jacket that it wasn't a problem.

Works for me.  Works really well for me, even.

It also turns out to be an intensely good bug killer, and the world needs fewer bugs.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Went for my first ride yesterday with the Parabellum 24" medium touring screen and it was fabulous. The wind noise has been reduced to almost nothing and the buffeting is soooooo much better (I now wonder how I rode for so long with the standard screen). Very happy lady now!!!

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Premium Member
I just swapped out the V-Stream touring for a V-stream sport-touring screen.
I got a V-Stream sport touring screen on Thursday.  Swapped it in that night and rode ~700mi over the last three days. 
The V-Stream is better.  Nice clean air up to about 65mph, then it starts to get rumbly.  It's not particularly loud until nearly triple digits mph.  The bracket works well at keeping it from bouncing around, better than the Ermax which uses the Yamaha mounting plate.  It has quite a bit less flex than the Ermax touring screen likely both because of its shape and the fact that it's a lot thicker.
It's slightly taller than I prefer, I can't see over the top of it to see the road right in front of the tire, but the light smoke color is plenty clear enough.

I was worried that it would block so much air that I'd stifle on a hot day, but it got up to about 80F and there was enough air coming around onto my arms and through the mesh jacket that it wasn't a problem.

Works for me.  Works really well for me, even.
Yes, even though I didn't do anything like 700 miles (probably not even 70) it's clear that I prefer the Sport Touring over the Touring. It was a blustery day and I think over 60mph was when it started to get a bit noisy. If I dipped my head just an inch I was in clean air so for slabbing I'll probably bring the screen into the middle or top position.  
Both V-streams are good and significantly better than stock any day of the week.

• Premium Member
I would like to see a passenger seat replacement that acted as storage and doubled as a luggage rack... 
Just a thought
You might visit Ventura Luggage. http://www.ventura-mca.com/ I have the 32 liter Astro Top Box that accepts my Nolan N-104e helmet just fine. I also have the Mistral 1 47 liter bike pack, which, in combination with the SW Motech Blaze Saddle Bags give me 91 liters of storage in a very light weight package. That should give me enough storage for at least a month long trip. That assume no camping of course. Oh, and to your original question, both the top box and Mistral bike pack are turned to occupy the pax area. Keeps the cg closer to between the axles. 

• Premium Member
Thanks to the advice found on this site, I installed some FZ6-style pegs. No more vibrating feet.  Also installed a fender eliminator, LED brake light with integrated signals, and SHAD 36 side bags. Once I get the seat worked out (Corbin is on the way) I'll finally have a bike that I like better than my '01 FZ1.

• Premium Member
Well I managed to get the new tires & wheels back on tonight: 

Now all you need to do is a write up on those PR-4's.
After weeks of incessant rain here in VA, I finally was able to get some miles on the new skins tonight and managed to put the first good heat cycle in the Michelins. I stuck to my usual back roads and local twisties, allowing me to bomb around with mild aggression to test out the grip. Road surfaces were fairly clean with very little residual wet spots so this was simply a test of dry grip.

For starters, going from a solidly squared-off rear to a perfectly round profile tire always incites a smile in the helmet. Sure makes riding fun again! Steering turn-in requires no effort and the FJ tracks through the sweepers and corners now with nearly telepathic guidance. Road feel is very good, the tires transmit road surface textures and changes very well, but not annoyingly so, more in a positive feedback that keeps you better plugged in to the ride. Broken pavement, seams, and transitions are not harsh, but you can feel the changes as you ride them out.

Grip is there, abundantly so, and cornering comes with plenty of confidence. I detected no squirminess despite the generous treadblock depth, that seems to typically accompany deep siping & grooves but not with the PR4. Once settled into a curve the tires track effortlessly along your chosen path, and they easily adjust the riding line with minimal push on the bars. I also tested braking a few times, purposely hammering the front brake to a point probably just short of ABS engagement. The tires work fantastically under braking, showing no unusual or negative feel, just hauling the bike down quickly to a halt. Hard acceleration also yields the same confident feel, with no slippage detected, only sure grip clawing the bike forward.

I put maybe 40 miles on tonight but in that time I got a very good feel for these tires. I'm a huge fan. Like the PR2's and Pilot Powers I've ridden on before, the PR4's are incredibly good rubber that give me confidence in the grip they have and allow me to extract more from the FJ and the ride than I thought I could before. I'm headed down to Deal's Gap in 2 weeks, and based on previous years I'll probably put 1,000 miles on the bike the week I'm there, so I should have a much better idea of how good these Michelins really are by mid-June! :)

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

I installed the Cruizin / Smartline Cruise Control today without problems.  I programmed the unit, and will test it tomorrow.  It was my first time to remove the plastic bits and the tank . . . this project allowed me to get oriented to the belly of the beast.  

Now I'm ready for "The Lonliest Highway" (Hwy 50) in NV in June on my way from SF to Denver!

I installed the Cruizin / Smartline Cruise Control today without problems.  I programmed the unit, and will test it tomorrow.  It was my first time to remove the plastic bits and the tank . . . this project allowed me to get oriented to the belly of the beast.   
Now I'm ready for "The Lonliest Highway" (Hwy 50) in NV in June on my way from SF to Denver!

When are you leaving? I'm riding the same stretch leaving the 19th of June. 
2015 FJ-09
2004 KTM 525

When are you leaving? I'm riding the same stretch leaving the 19th of June. 
Cthruu - I'll miss you by a couple weeks.  I'm leaving SF on June 3.  My return trip from Denver starts June 17, so maybe we'll cross paths then.  Look for the fast gray 2015 FJ-09.  I'm planning on 6-7 moderate days on the road each way.  I'm roughly following the America Cycling Association route called the Western Express here.  My operating assumption is that a great cycling route will also make a great motorcycling route.  Have a great trip! 

For those who installed the Proton front flush LEDs, which is the one that fits the FJ-09, the FZ6R?
I dont know for sure about the Protons, but when I installed the Motodynamic flush mount LEDs they were listed as "FZ6R / FJ-09" ... so I would assume its the same for the Protons. 

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA