What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Those look like the vinyl stick on protectors supplied or already installed on the FJR to protect the paint. I got some with my replacement bags, many years ago.
Where are they supposed to stick? There are no places on the cases where they look like they would fit.

On the FJR, they would be applied to the rear fender Body work, which is painted the color of the bike.  They put them on the FJR so when you are fussing around trying to line up the bags in the upper mounting slots you don't scratch the paint.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

To complete the job of putting a bit of life into the appearance of the OE hard panniers I added a Yamaha emblem - same as at the front of the bike.
Hopefully, that's about it!
http://i.imgur.com/PV8Dope.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Where are they supposed to stick? There are no places on the cases where they look like they would fit.

On the FJR, they would be applied to the rear fender Body work, which is painted the color of the bike.  They put them on the FJR so when you are fussing around trying to line up the bags in the upper mounting slots you don't scratch the paint.
Slightly OT, but... speaking as one who has also struggled greatly to remove the panniers on my FJ/ MT-09, the solution offered is simply to insert a spacer of about 12 to 15mm (roughly ½”) between the pannier rail and the 4 x holes into which the securing bolts are fastened (into the rear sub-frame). 
This seems to correctly align the various lugs on the panniers and bike, and if you also smear a little Vaseline petroleum jelly onto each lug it eases things considerably.

I was initially literally lifting the rear of the bike off the ground (or so it seemed) when removing the panniers, and the force needed was certainly excessive, but this tip works! [em] See pic - spacer highlighted.[/em]
[em]
[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/RRYDddP.jpg[/em][em]
[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Added some Denali D2's using the Adventure Tech bracket (very nice and tidy fit, btw), the Cruizin' Cruise Control and a 'Spaceman Spiff' sticker from the Calvin and Hobbes days. The sticker, for those of you who read Calvin and Hobbes, really explains my riding style. I think the FJ is officially 100% dialed in for SuperSport Touring. Cheers4647874.jpg

4647878.jpg

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Filed an insurance claim after a f**k nut tried to turn left from the middle lane. Sigh.
That sucks!  Hope you are ok!
Yeah, I am.  Hurt left wrist, but it's just a mild sprain. 

c4oWIWs.jpg

kKZQPQq.jpg

tPmyOrQ.jpg

v3cENJh.jpg

HTjxCFA.jpg

MxLEofM.jpg

Ouch... glad you're OK.

Today was farkle day here. Installed KTM handguards, factory heated grips, filled the bars with BBs, and installed a Beadrider.

KTM handguards:

DSC_2136_zpskpw7spf1.jpg

I guess I must be getting old, 'cause I always made fun of bead seats, and now I've bought one... LOL

DSC_2137_zpsqxbxq9bs.jpg

Initial impressions are that it distributes weight a little better, but I haven't had a chance to take it out for a ride yet. I have a trip coming up that will entail several 600+ mile days in a row, and I wanted to do something to improve that stock seat, but had limited time and funds. We'll see how it works...

• Premium Member
I had a bead rider seat on my KLR, it was helpful on longer rides.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

I received my new foot pegs. I ordered a set of MT-09 street rally foot rests (basically super tenere foot pegs but designed for the MT-09) for my FJ from Yamabits.co.uk . They look like a straight swap. Unfortunately, I won't have time to install them for a few days, but will post some pictures once I get to it.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I received my new foot pegs. I ordered a set of MT-09 street rally foot rests (basically super tenere foot pegs but designed for the MT-09) for my FJ from Yamabits.co.uk . They look like a straight swap. Unfortunately, I won't have time to install them for a few days, but will post some pictures once I get to it.
I have them installed - they are AWESOME! 

• Premium Member
Had a bunch of stuff done on my FJ09 at the Dealership. Replaced the Cam Chain tensioner. Installed the, "Dzell" brand LED lights for the hand guards w/blinker module. Installed the Heated Grips. Installed the extra DC outlet. And Installed front & rear Michellin Road pilot 4 tires.
Had them do the 8000 mile service as well. Whoo! Hoo! 4652110.jpg

4652109.jpg

4652108.jpg

4652116.jpg

A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Decided we are going to go the Flashtune route at work and stock up on their kits. I was a bit disappointed to find out my Aussie model MT-09 Tracer is speed limited even though I'd never ride it that fast unless i was dying...!
What gear do folks dyno their bikes in when they are speed limited to get a before power figure?