What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Got back from a 1300+ mile long pilgrimage to the Dragon's Tail and Cherohala Skyway. Stayed at Hunt's on Thursday Night. Bristol TN/VA on Friday night to watch the cars and bikes cruizing on State Street.
Dragon_118.jpg

Dragon_122.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
Installed Sho-gun carbon fiber frame sliders and a National Cycle V-stream mid-sized screen and rode for about 3 hours. Despite being unusually windy today, the wind noise was reduced by at least half. Now I can listen to music instead of wearing ear plugs. It works so well that now the only sound the GoPro picks up is the exhaust, even at 125 m.p.h. (performed by a professional rider on a closed course.)

Sent the ECU out this morning to 2wdw University to learn some new tricks...it will learn the proper stock exhaust tune and also learn the " Woolich Race Toolkit" which consists of a QS, autiblip for QS downshifting and Launch Control...time to bring my FZ-07 outta hibernation for a week ?...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

He posted his reply in the thread he started. Something to do with not tightening the two bolts on a cover symmetrically IIRC.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

How did you fix the heated grip sticking issue on the throttle side? I've experienced that too?

He posted his reply in the thread he started. Something to do with not tightening the two bolts on a cover symmetrically IIRC.
Pretty much, here's a link to the thread where I talked about it. Basically loosened everything up and re-tightened the bolts more evenly.

The Givi radiator guard looks like a great piece of kit, I especially appreciate the discrete branding, as opposed to the large logos on other brands that distract from the bikes design!

Yea, one of the reasons I chose it, although that EvoTech one looks pretty good as well. As for the zip ties on the bottom, they're really there just to keep the bottom half secured against the edges of the radiator itself. The mounting brackets near the top utilize the stock mounting point for the radiator and that's what really hold everything together. The Givi kit comes with everything you need. 

• Premium Member

Finally got the X-grip tether part# Ram-HOL-UN10TU
It also come in a few sizes depending on you phones dimensions.

Its a silicon/rubber that fits behind the X-grip cradle and stretches over the corners of the phone to further secure it in the mount.
I've never had the phone fall out or even slide in the grip while on the FJ, but I am glad I will no longer have to worry about that with this added security.

(Also works excellent for the mountain bike as pictured, the FJ is already tucked in for the winter. :(

P1050151_Copy.jpg

P1050155_Copy.jpg

I installed the heated grips3894569df59020b8a04d85d2149daa8f.jpg
...that, and A.TEMP of 80 degF make me super envious... not cool, showing off like that . O_o
Ummm... it's was 80 deg F + here today, forecast is for 84-85 tomorrow, do you mean it's not 80 everywhere? ;)
Keep Asheville weird!

80°f air temp should be illegal to use heated hand grips...unless you live where it's 150°f or more regularly I can see the need for heated hand grips at 80°f  on heat setting 5 ?

It's been high 60°f during day and mid 30s at night here in Michigan...unfortunately I'm a night owl so most of my riding gets done at night time...and then heated grips are spoiling me