What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
I just returned from a combined COG and MSTA Track Day held at Jennings, GP track Jennings, Florida. ae7bc8ae1f8868f8dd2771ca5bdf9768.jpg
That's me in the middle front row kneeling in the blue shirt. c1a2f13a04c75499fc31a4136aad8613.jpg
This is me on the track on my 2015 FJ-09 "Red Molly"!
I rode the bike down to Jennings, rode the track day and then rode it home. It was around 500 miles from my home in Western NC. There were 19 MSTA = Motorcycle Sport Touring Association and 16 COG = Concours Owners Group members. I had a ball!

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
I just returned from a combined COG and MSTA Track Day held at Jennings, GP track Jennings, Florida.

Nice. Your leathers look well aged like mine.  Maybe interested in a Talladega track day in mid-August through Sportbiketracktime?  I'm on the fence since I have to time tires.

Just got back from the dealer who installed the CCT fix. Delivery to the dealer to pick up took less than 90 minutes. They schedule me since I live about 70 miles away. This was the first transport in my truck. The truck was bought after my 13 year old Subaru tried to overheat trailering the moto home from the dealer after some maintenance (among other overheating problems that can't seem to be fixed).

32362420383_20bb3d5ae4_c.jpg

Installed larger Givi hand deflectors for the apparently non-existent winter we're having (77 in Feb???). Saw these on Revzilla and decided they would help in the winter. They're about an inch taller above and below the old handguards. They sweep back more and wrap around the sides, too.
33136046476_a4d0a065fc_c.jpg

32332575394_93bec028d8_c.jpg

I brought my Givi handguards from ModuleMoto.co.UK and they are the shettiest company I ever done business with...they never update website if products is outta stock, nor do they tell you after your order is placed it's outta stock,took me 7 emails to try to get no response but I had to sic PayPal on em and sure enough they finally respond within hrs because I wanted my money back after 3 weeks of no responses, they sent em out the next day but offered no apologies or anything... Avoid ModuleMoto.co.UK ....
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
@kamalv -

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-eh2122-handguard-extensions-yamaha-fj-09-2015-2016

Sign up with email.  I signed up maybe back in November.  They received 2 pair 2 weeks ago, but I was too slow.  They received another 2 or 3 pair last week.  Order them the same day you receive the email, or they'll probably be gone.  Revzilla said that's how they typically receive Givi parts - 1 or 2 at a time.  I stuck with Revzilla because (1) they have good customer service and (2) I had a $30 in ZillaCash from a previous order. 

• Premium Member
I just returned from a combined COG and MSTA Track Day held at Jennings, GP track Jennings, Florida.
Nice. Your leathers look well aged like mine.  Maybe interested in a Talladega track day in mid-August through Sportbiketracktime?  I'm on the fence since I have to time tires.

Probably not... I'm not a real Track Day guy. This was a training track day. Also I rented the leathers as I don't have any.
Thanks anyway.

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
That's me in the middle front row kneeling in the blue shirt. c1a2f13a04c75499fc31a4136aad8613.jpg
This is me on the track on my 2015 FJ-09 "Red Molly"!
I rode the bike down to Jennings, rode the track day and then rode it home. It was around 500 miles from my home in Western NC. There were 19 MSTA = Motorcycle Sport Touring Association and 16 COG = Concours Owners Group members. I had a ball!

I can get my Katana lower than that... but when I do it with my FJ, well, it's pucker time.  :P

• Premium Member

Rode to the local dealer this morning with two new Dunlop Roadsmart 3's cargo netted onto the back seat and dropped 'er off for a tire change and CCT recall as my VIN is in the affected range.  Also had 'em throw on some forum member recommended chain adjusters

5119912.jpg

5119913.jpg

5119914.jpg

5119915.jpg

Thanks @1moreroad ! I did that as well. 

And then I ordered it from Accessory International who after the order was placed, promptly emailed to say they won't have it until after March 15th. So now just waiting, and I managed to cancel the order from the shop in Italy. :P

Broke the news to my bike she will be getting her ECU back next week if the weather is good for dyno tuning... I'm getting excited to hear the Graves Exhaust I got bolted on and I'm really curious to see how the Woolich Race Kit stacks up against the other flash tunes because the Woolich system disables the closed loop fueling ?, hopefully that blasted ECO mode gets "tuned out", had plenty of adventures tuning my FZ-07 only to learn the hard way that ECO mode fuel table is piece of work that will defeat a fuel tuner device, had to have my PCV ignore the entire ECO mode range so I could tune my FZ-07...

Woolich Race Kit is basicly a Quickshifter that works on up shifts, auto blipping on downshifts and 2 step Launch Control...nice little piece of technology ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp