What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
@norcal616 - No disrespect intended at all... I think it would be amazing to see a sub-10 second run from an FJ without some major modifications, and I wish you the best of luck!
Keep us posted on the progress & results.

I take no offense guys/gals and thanks for the encouragement...stranger things have happened...on paper with my estimates it sounds good but at least im gonna try to get it as close as i can...yes i agree some chassis mods like swing extensions will help, suspension work and possible engine mods will make the 9sec goal more easily obtainable but its not a weekend bracket racing bike, thats a whole different ball game...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

eetea, see the note from cruizin re image hosting
I'll read it eventually.  Rather busy, my Mum passed away a week ago, and funeral arrangements and everything else is keeping me from spending too much time on the forum...but it offers some welcome relief and time away from all the hassle.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Premium Member
Put a new Road Smart 3 on the front.... Westbound in 3 weeks or so..... :D

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Finally got around to installing new 2017 clutch cable, now I will keep the old one in bag for spare if I even need it. Big thanks to the people here with videos, pics and posts to help others to accomplish working on the fj09. Thanks to piotrek for the help too.

Put the radiator guard on and changed the oil at 350 miles. Man I don't know what kind of oil Yamaha
Uses in their brand new bikes but it was used up like it had thousands of miles on it. Now it has a clean
Looking Yamalube in it.

IMG_0034.jpg
I tried the regular zip ties that came with it and they were a pain to use. So I got to use two zip ties connected together as one and had more length to work with which made the job easier. I really like the FJ09 Logo on the guard.

Put the radiator guard on and changed the oil at 350 miles. Man I don't know what kind of oil Yamaha Uses in their brand new bikes but it was used up like it had thousands of miles on it. Now it has a clean
Looking Yamalube in it.
...yeah, that's apparently break-in oil of some kind, and it does look terrible when done.

If i knew this would be the color and texture of the oil i would have
Done the oil change at 100 miles. Saw some very fine metal
Flakes which I know is the norm for a brand new motor.

• Premium Member
...looks like it was a rad cover day, albeit mine doesn't have the fancy logo. Pretty good value at $20CAD... shipped (thanks @sheridan ). Fit was pretty good and it sits snug against the rad. 

radcover_on.jpg

Where did you purchase from?

I'm jealous that you all have such shiny headers. I've given up trying to keep them looking like that as I've ridden all winter.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Shiny headers are for Harley's ?

I'm out in the garage getting the blues, well exhaust pipe blues since it's raining -_- I need to finish painting my exhaust
20170401_190041-1.jpg

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I'm jealous that you all have such shiny headers. I've given up trying to keep them looking like that as I've ridden all winter.
Geez, the ones on my Akrapovic titanium are purple, fading to gold. :D 
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.