What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
@joeszup - We are on a similar path... I got 4,800 miles out of the stock 222s, and swapped to the PR4s along with shock and fork upgrades.

https://fj-09.org/thread/4873/biscuits-side-ohlins

Since I did all of it at one time, I can't really comment on the PR4s with the stock suspension. But I can say that with the combined suspension and tire upgrades, it's a transformed motorcycle.

Enjoy the new shoes!
-Scott

• Premium Member
Pulled the tires off and brought them to the shop to get some new PR4's. Can't wait to pick them up tomorrow. 
I like that seat. Where did you get it?

IMG_20170520_182703.jpg

It's a Corbin seat.

Parked the FJ-09 in the FZ-07 spot in the garage for a few weeks...need to start riding the ole girl again as I have a track day date with the ole girl June 2nd... I love both of my road bikes as they both fill 95% of my road bike needs... This is no ordinary FZ-07 as its got the Hordpower airbox in place of the ultra restricted OEM airbox for more mid-upper rpm performance with no power loss down low...Just like the FJ-09 airbox it's been engineered pretty good that using an aftermarket airfilter shows very little improvement in engine performance over OEM airfilter...
IMAG0160-1.jpg

For those of you living around West Michigan,  here is the link to the track days...http://foxpowerblog.com/shop/...I am attending the June 2nd novice class at Grattan... It will be my first time on a road course, spent the last 10-12yrs spinning laps/bumping bar ends on a dirt bike or hitting the drag strip...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Added a few more EvoTech bits... frame sliders & swingarm spools today. I installed their radiator guard yesterday, and am impressed with the overall quality of their accessories for the FJ.
cb600081df9fce8c1f7614f70e2e9514.jpg
f22a0a0a2c6742bfc67f43f0624dd399.jpg

Parked the FJ-09 in the FZ-07 spot in the garage for a few weeks... 
I am attending the June 2nd novice class at Grattan... It will be my first time on a road course, spent the last 10-12yrs spinning laps/bumping bar ends on a dirt bike or hitting the drag strip...
I thought you were in SW PA? Come on down to Summit some time. Grattan is ok, but you really must try Mid-Ohio.

Parked the FJ-09 in the FZ-07 spot in the garage for a few weeks... 
I am attending the June 2nd novice class at Grattan... It will be my first time on a road course, spent the last 10-12yrs spinning laps/bumping bar ends on a dirt bike or hitting the drag strip...
I thought you were in SW PA? Come on down to Summit some time. Grattan is ok, but you really must try Mid-Ohio.
Nope...I live bout a quick 25min drive west of Grattan... I will look into Mid-Ohio...  
Im lucky, 30mins in any direction north I have tons of ORV trails, 30mins west I got sand dunes of Lake Michigan, 30 mins south I got MX tracks and US 131 Dragstrip, 30mins east I got Grattan...

Fitted oem side bags and shorty chinese windscreen. Also replaced the stock windscreen hardware after one of the heads snapped off and another stripped incredibly easily, picked up some new bolts and rubber washers at the hardware store. They aren't black but they're a big upgrade over the janky stock offering.

v65iG4f.jpg
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Using those tiny 10mm diameter silicon furniture protector ‘dots’ (the half-spherical ones) I stuck one onto the indicator button, making it easier and more ‘fumble-free’ to locate with a gloved thumb.

The other two went (one each side) between the inside of the windscreen and the upper metal ‘tongues’ that gives the screen a bit of rigidity. [em] See pic[/em] [em]with dot highlighted.[/em] These dots add a little more support nearer the top and minimise the distracting to and fro oscillation of the screen. Tiny tips learned on my previous Tracer!

P1030670r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Moved the rear [strong]number plate[/strong] up by about 1.5”/ 35mm, so that it now sits neatly immediately beneath the rear plate light. Looks better, but I didn’t want to go the whole hog and move the whole untidy-looking tail light assembly even further forward and up – as many have done here successfully – lest that hides the blinkers from side-on when panniers are fitted.

P1020779r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Installed the new [strong]Stebel Magnum horn[/strong], a five-minute job putting it in the same location on the original bracket.   This is always one of the first things I do on a new bike, along with fitting Grip Puppies.

OE horns on just about any new bike these days are about as attention-grabbing as my doggy’s squeaky toy, but the Magnum, while not obnoxiously loud, does have a very deep cut-through two-tone note that demands attention. A great buy for AUD$22 couriered me within 18 hours of ordering… Made in Italy too!

P1030675r.jpg

P1030676r.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg
Finally found the perfect place for some ridiculously large but comfy highway pegs, after purchasing a new set of sliders from Higdonion.

IMG_5514.jpg
And risers, which fit just fine with the stock cables, I did slide the brake line up a tiny bit in the bottom clamp.

Just got my tracking # for my Higdonion Cage and the upper crash bars ?...even got all the tools and what not needed to install the cage as soon as it hit my doorstep..

Removed the orange/ black/ white  [strong]fuel advisory[/strong] [strong]sticker[/strong] from the upper rhs of the tank. My Dog, it’s applied with Kryptonite I think!

Having done it before I found the quickest and easiest way is to heat the sticker with a closely-held hair-dryer to soften the underlying adhesive, then slowly and carefully peel it back from one corner, a bit at a time. Keep the hair-dryer there for long enough to thoroughly heat both the sticker and the underlying tank material – too long and too hot is scarcely enough.

The sticker is very brittle and breaks easily, so the process is one of peeling it off piece by piece.

I found the best ‘tool’ was my thumb-nail (bad luck if you're a nail-biter!).   It would be unwise to use anything metal or sharp-edged lest the precious tank paintwork gets scratched. A quick rub over with some solvent - petrol, metho, turps, etc., - then easily removes the adhesive residue.
Again learning from past experience, I removed the lhs [strong]'hero-knob' [/strong][em](highlighted by pink arrow in pic)[/em] as I find it is too close to the lowering-peg on the side-stand, which interferes with quick/ easy operation of the stand, especially if wearing chunky boots.

P1030677r.jpg