What gloves do you ride in?

dakota

I have A* patron goretex gloves. Good quality but hoping they break in a little more as XL would have been too big, but I have a wide hand and shorter fingers.Rukka and Dianese didn't fit well at all. Good rain protection but at 32 degrees nearly unbearable after a half hour. Seems 40 to 45 and above is a much better range...haven't tested the hot side yet.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I spent a couple of months at the end of last year trying to find good street sport gloves and after trying all the familiar brands and models up to the $150 USD range, ended up with nothing.  Not a single pair I tried was without issue, so I decided to take a break until spring. 
Well it's spring, so I went glove shopping.  However, this time I went to Cycle Gear instead of RevZilla so I could try them on.  I spent at least an hour yesterday trying on almost everything they had in store and was about ready to leave, when I saw these BiLT gloves. 

Bilt Max Speed Leather Gloves

They are comfortable, no pressure points, gauntlet fits over my jacket sleeve, fingers are all the right length, great protection short of the palm slider I wanted, but almost track gloves nonetheless.  Regularly $50, currently on sale for $30 !!!  I am stoked.  If they didn't say BiLT on them, I would think they were a premium brand at a higher price point.

I ran some errands on my FJ afterwards and the gloves were great, so comfortable I didn't even notice them.  Highly recommend!

Trying to find decent gloves that fit nowadays is a pita unless you ride a Harley, for 30 bucks if you really like them I'd buy a few pairs because in 6 months they'll change the style and you'll be pissed that you didn't.
BLB

• Premium Member
I spent a couple of months at the end of last year trying to find good street sport gloves and after trying all the familiar brands and models up to the $150 USD range, ended up with nothing.  Not a single pair I tried was without issue, so I decided to take a break until spring. 
Well it's spring, so I went glove shopping.  However, this time I went to Cycle Gear instead of RevZilla so I could try them on.  I spent at least an hour yesterday trying on almost everything they had in store and was about ready to leave, when I saw these BiLT gloves. 

Bilt Max Speed Leather Gloves

They are comfortable, no pressure points, gauntlet fits over my jacket sleeve, fingers are all the right length, great protection short of the palm slider I wanted, but almost track gloves nonetheless.  Regularly $50, currently on sale for $30 !!!  I am stoked.  If they didn't say BiLT on them, I would think they were a premium brand at a higher price point.

I ran some errands on my FJ afterwards and the gloves were great, so comfortable I didn't even notice them.  Highly recommend!

Trying to find decent gloves that fit nowadays is a pita unless you ride a Harley, for 30 bucks if you really like them I'd buy a few pairs because in 6 months they'll change the style and you'll be pissed that you didn't.

You're absolutely right.  That's something I used to do for apparel, but I am way out of that habit these days.

• Premium Member
I love Held gloves. Admittedly they are not cheep but well worth it!
Yep, I'm on my third winter with some Held gloves, they're still waterproof.

My current summer gloves are some lightweight Revit somethingorothers I got at my local moto shop. I'll probably get something new this summer.

• Premium Member
I love Held gloves. Admittedly they are not cheep but well worth it!
Yep, I'm on my third winter with some Held gloves, they're still waterproof. 
My current summer gloves are some lightweight Revit somethingorothers I got at my local moto shop. I'll probably get something new this summer.
I've got a pair of Held gloves that have "held" up very well for over 20 years of comfortable use.  Finally starting to give way in a couple of (not protection critical) spots.  Will finally be replacing them in the near future.   

Held Steves. A little expensive, but they are the Most comfortable glove I've ever owned. Second set. 

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• 3 weeks later...
Revzilla has Held Bolt gloves on sale at half price, so I snagged a pair.  Haven't ridden in them yet, but will either this afternoon when it warms up or tomorrow.

If you're interested, be aware that sizing is funky.  I measured my hand according to their sizing chart and came up with a Size 9.  Ordered a Size 10 as I like my gloves a little loose (keeps your hands warmer).

Got them and they were TIGHT!  Returned them and ordered some Size 11 and they're still snugger than I like but I don't want to pay the return shipping again so I'll live with them.

• Premium Member
Hot weather: Klim Induction. Outstanding fit & feel, excellent ventilation, removing takes a bit of doing when hands are sweaty.
Mild: Rukka Virium. Great waterproofness and work with heated grips.
Cold: Knox Zero 2 MK2. Require some break in.  Okay with heated grips but there’s probably better out there.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up a pair of icon twenty-niners and couldn't be happier.  They hold the throttle without any bunching and room to move my fingers.   I always hated having gloves that fit snug and they bunch up when holding onto the throttle.  These hold nice without losing blood to my hand..  :)

Archived