Satisfied with my FJ09

Love love love my bike and its RED!  When I bought it I knew it would need a reflash, suspension upgrade, luggage hardware, and electronic cruise installed.

I've done these upgrades and I'm delighted with my bike.  Would 150 HP be fun from time to time, sure, but I have a better chance to retain my license with 117.

Anyone else happy with their FJ?

fj5.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I like it enough, a Tracer not FJ in UK, to keep it when I fancied another bike. Not owned 2 bikes since 1994.

No need for the ECU reflash as we get full power and after the XT1200Z the fuelling is relatively docile. Suspension is adequate so just a few adjustments. Fitted different handguards so I can use muffs in winter. Added Givi luggage. Changed screen for a Powerbronze so less noisy now. Best change has been the seat.

Great bike for commuting, popping into town to shop (easy to find somewhere to park in the narrow streets of UK towns) and capable of taking me on a trip to the Alps, blatting along an autobahn at 120mph quite legally & safely if needed.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I did allot of research and a demoed many bikes. I kept coming back to the FJ09. VERY happy with my choice. I just turned 15,000 miles on her and she's everything I wanted in my new motorcycle. Just a great all rounder kind of motorcycle with PLENTY of Pep! Just a blast to ride.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I like mine, even before and suspension or ECU work. The first thing I added was a tail trunk and tank bag. I even like the stock seat, which will be the first time in the last 15 tears and 8 bikes.
Santa brought some suspension upgrades and a reflash. Looking forward to next week to try them out.

• Premium Member
I like mine, even before and suspension or ECU work. The first thing I added was a tail trunk and tank bag. I even like the stock seat, which will be the first time in the last 15 tears and 8 bikes. Santa brought some suspension upgrades and a reflash. Looking forward to next week to try them out.
Tears? Were you riding a Gillete? 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I like mine, even before and suspension or ECU work. The first thing I added was a tail trunk and tank bag. I even like the stock seat, which will be the first time in the last 15 tears and 8 bikes. Santa brought some suspension upgrades and a reflash. Looking forward to next week to try them out.
Tears? Were you riding a Gillete? 
I fat fingered, it should have been 15 years. 

All I know is EVERYTIME I ride I say to myself how much I love the bike.  Mine is completely stock aside from a Parabellum windscreen and mirror extenders.  I put 10,000 miles on her in a year.  I can't  wait for the next nice day to hop on her again.  Oh yeah, so far no issues at all with the bike.  I am in bad need of new rubber.  I'll probably go with Bridgestone Battle Ax's.  I stretched the originals out for the entire riding season.  This is the best, most fun bike I've ever owned and I've been riding since I was 14.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
I love my FJ-09. I have put 14,600 miles on it since June 2015. It took me about 8 years to ride that much on my last bike. I ride the FJ any time the weather is decent and I don't have to carry much.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Premium Member
All I know is EVERYTIME I ride I say to myself how much I love the bike.  Mine is completely stock aside from a Parabellum windscreen and mirror extenders.  I put 10,000 miles on her in a year.  I can't  wait for the next nice day to hop on her again.  Oh yeah, so far no issues at all with the bike.  I am in bad need of new rubber.  I'll probably go with Bridgestone Battle Ax's.  I stretched the originals out for the entire riding season.  This is the best, most fun bike I've ever owned and I've been riding since I was 14.
Go for the Bridgestone T30 Evos....very nice tire for this bike!
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
I love you guys and gals. We have one hell of a group of good people here. Thanks so much!
A reflection of our leadership!
;) "Leadership"

You_keep_using_that_word.png

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived