New recalls on Yamaha triples

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the recall is about the surface area where the nut makes contact with bar mount, it appears some got paint on the surface area due to someone failing to mask it off or a step got skipped after painting, who knows and that can cause the problem due to the paint between the nut and bar mount surface getting pushed away leaving a little gap...you should only see a nice machined surface around the nut like in above posted pictures...that's my take on the problem. ..
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
I inspected my nuts and took a few pictures to share.
Best first line of post ever!
I paused for several seconds to ponder that line before deciding I was brave enough to scroll down...  Sure enough, somewhat awkward pictures of nuts. 

I believe the recall is about the surface area where the nut makes contact with bar mount, it appears some got paint on the surface area due to someone failing to mask it off or a step got skipped after painting, who knows and that can cause the problem due to the paint between the nut and bar mount surface getting pushed away leaving a little gap...you should only see a nice machined surface around the nut like in above posted pictures...that's my take on the problem. ..
That's possible, but given that the solution the article claimed was replacing the handlebar lower mounting brackets makes me believe the problem is with that piece and not with the upper triple clamp.

duhs10... that would be great if that is the case but I would double check with a dealer or call the NHTSA with your VIN to be sure (888-327-4236).  The way I've heard it seems like 100% of everything manufactured to date may be affected... I hope I'm wrong but I would double check if I was you.

Yeah, its still a new recall so I will definitely check again. Since its an actual recall, Yamaha has an obligation to notify all customers that are affected.. One way or another I will find out.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived