New recalls on Yamaha triples

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Anyone in the UK involved in this recall should have had a letter from Yamaha by now. My letter arrived some time after Good Friday as I have been on holiday.

My local dealer in Cheltenham is inundated with bookings so cannot offer a slot until next month. I'm leaving mine to do together with the 18,000 mile service in 1300 miles time.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Got mine also...gonna set an time up with dealership and bring it in when they have the parts and ride it home same day I drop it off...Im not letting em hold onto my bike till then -_- , not gonna play tjat game
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Got my recall notice today, Yamaha customer non service is quite simply the worst.
I have always had BMW and the difference is night and day.
check your insurance, Yamaha have issued a do not ride letter, yet they expect you at your expense to ship it to the dealer, so they sell you a faulty bike and then expect you to ship it.
I am not sure where you would stand if you had an accident whilst riding to the dealer on a bike that has a do not ride safety recall. Insurance companies need no excuse to deny claims. Check before you ride.
The customer non service guy kept saying " it says in the warranty rules we don't pay to ship back to the dealer" I told him repeatedly this is NOT a warranty issue, it wouldn't matter if the bike was n warranty or not! It is a mandatory safety recall.
How many recalls now, cam chain tensioner, gear shift selector, now this.
It's total BS and the company stinks in my opinion. Never again!

While the do not ride is annoying, this is clearly a CYA move on their part which I believe all manufactures do.

You rave about Beemers (which I do like), but they are way more expensive to buy, way more expensive to maintain and by recent reliability ratings way more likely to break down or have issues. BMW is second to the bottom, Yamaha is ranked #1.

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/the-10-most-reliable-motorcycle-companies.html/3

Got my recall notice today, Yamaha customer non service is quite simply the worst. I have always had BMW and the difference s night and day.
check your insurance, Yamaha have issued a do not ride letter, yet they expect you at your expense to ship it to the dealer, so they sell you a faulty bike and then expect you to ship it.
I am not sure where you would stand if you had an accident whilst riding to the dealer on a bike that has a do not ride safety recall. Insurance companies need no excuse to deny claims. Check before you ride.
The customer non service guy kept saying " it says in the warranty rules we don't pay to ship back to the dealer" I told him repeatedly this is NOT a warranty issue, it wouldn't matter if the bike was n warranty or not! It is a mandatory safety recall.
How many recalls now, can chain tensioner, gear shift selector, now this.

My dealer will not even order the parts without the bike being there. They won't release it until it's fixed either. Luckily I just recently bought a small car as the bike was my only transportation until a couple weeks ago. I wonder if they would have paid for a rental car or gave me a loaner. Seems like they should.

• Premium Member
And I'm riding it there. I have no access to anything that could trailer it back and I'm damn sure not renting a truck and trailer.
Send your dealer a certified letter telling them you are afraid to ride the bike in this condition so they need to either come and pick it up to do the recall or just give you a new bike to replace your defective bike which now is unsafe to ride.
BLB

And I'm riding it there. I have no access to anything that could trailer it back and I'm damn sure not renting a truck and trailer.
Send your dealer a certified letter telling them you are afraid to ride the bike in this condition so they need to either come and pick it up to do the recall or just give you a new bike to replace your defective bike which now is unsafe to ride.

And record the phonecall and share it here so we can all get a laugh! Iu1uB5o.gif

While the do not ride is annoying, this is clearly a CYA move on their part which I believe all manufactures do.

You rave about Beemers (which I do like), but they are way more expensive to buy, way more expensive to maintain and by recent reliability ratings way more likely to break down or have issues. BMW is second to the bottom, Yamaha is ranked #1.

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/the-10-most-reliable-motorcycle-companies.html/3

Got my recall notice today, Yamaha customer non service is quite simply the worst. I have always had BMW and the difference s night and day.
How many recalls now, can chain tensioner, gear shift selector, now this.

Ivabigin,
I wouldn't call my comments a rave exactly, also if you read what I wrote, I was referring to the quality of customer service not the bikes.
Regardless of the CYA I still say insurers will deny a claim if any opportunity arises to do so.

• Premium Member
Ivabigin, I wouldn't call my comments a rave exactly, also if you read what I wrote, I was referring to the quality of customer service not the bikes.
Regardless of the CYA I still say insurers will deny a claim if any opportunity arises to do so.

Well if they would just quit using derective parts and build Yamahas like they used to we wouldn't even have to bother with their lousy customer service.
BLB

• Premium Member
Yeah, I called the dealership and they said "You'll have to bring the bike in so we can inspect it.".   
Told the guy on the phone, I'll bring the bike by, you can look at it, convince yourself that I have the right safety recall by reading the letter and verifying my VIN, then you can order the parts.  No way am I leaving my bike with them.  Here in Vancouver there are 1st hand stories of people dropping their bikes off for routine stuff, and not getting them back for weeks or even months.  Combine that with the trouble I've personally had, I'm not even sure I want to take it to them.

Archived