New recalls on Yamaha triples

Dropped it off this morning. Service manager had ordered a set for the bike they have on the showroom, checked to see if they had arrived yet. They had not. Said as soon as they come in he'll put them on my bike and use the set he is ordering for mine on the showroom bike. I'm going ahead and having them sync the TBs while they have it. Won't be able to pick it up until next Saturday anyway as my working hours are the same as theirs through the week. Hopefully it will be done by then.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the new bar risers put on my 2015 FJ-09 today and they look exactly like the originals. They did it while I waited and it took less than an hour. 

The illustration shows shorter bar risers, but they are exactly the same as the OEM risers. Corrected finish and better thread locker is the only difference. Mine took less than an hour ro remove and replace.

• Premium Member
The illustration shows shorter bar risers, but they are exactly the same as the OEM risers. Corrected finish and better thread locker is the only difference. Mine took less than an hour ro remove and replace.
I think the illustration is the fz09's assembly with the short risers
BLB

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

I called the dealer last week.  I made an appointment for the handlebar recall.  I specifically asked if they had the parts on hand or on order.  I was given a date and a time and assured that they would order the parts.

Showed up this morning.  

"Hi.  Who are you?  What appointment?  Parts?  What parts?"

I thought the kid on the phone sounded a little sketchy but I put it down to me being a crabby old man.  Turns out, he didn't write anything down and didn't tell anybody.

So I pizzed away two hours, froze my tuches off riding up there, got nothing done and get to wait until they call me to say the parts are in.

I'll wait to see what they do to make this right, but I ain't holding my breath.

Meanwhile, I'll meditate on just how much of a %$@# I want to be if they fart me off.

• Supporting Member
Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get the original riser parts back after having the recall work done? I've been toying with the idea of machining a bit off the bottom of the factory risers to lower the handlebars just a bit further, and this could be the perfect opportunity to get a set of spare risers to work with. I know I'll have to drill and bottom tap the riser for the additional stud depth that is machined off the mating surface, but otherwise seems like a simple way to get a slightly more sporting handlebar position.

I'm guessing a resounding 'no' on getting the original parts back - which I 100% understand for legal reasons - but it's worth a try.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!! 
I called the dealer last week.  I made an appointment for the handlebar recall.  I specifically asked if they had the parts on hand or on order.  I was given a date and a time and assured that they would order the parts.

Showed up this morning.  

"Hi.  Who are you?  What appointment?  Parts?  What parts?"

I thought the kid on the phone sounded a little sketchy but I put it down to me being a crabby old man.  Turns out, he didn't write anything down and didn't tell anybody.

So I pizzed away two hours, froze my tuches off riding up there, got nothing done and get to wait until they call me to say the parts are in.

I'll wait to see what they do to make this right, but I ain't holding my breath.

Meanwhile, I'll meditate on just how much of a %$@# I want to be if they fart me off.
Sorry about your experience.  For those that have not gone through the replacement process, I have this to offer; When I called my dealer, he asked for my VIN #, to make sure my bike was in their system.  He also said he needed the VIN # to order the parts.  I didn't make my appointment until after they called me saying the parts were in.
I would be pissed if I was treated lie you.

• Premium Member
The kid should buy you lunch or pay for your fuel. Lip service no one needs. He needs to learn to take responsibility for his actions.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Yamaha dealer here is awesome (Yukon Yamaha). Called me a week ago to say there was a recall notice for my vin. Called when the parts arrived and installed them today as a drop-in no appointment necessary... while I waited.
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

I was surprised when I stopped in at my dealer, looked up my bike's VIN, ordered the parts, called within the week and now it goes in on Monday.

For those who have taken their bikes in for the riser recall, do you recommend removing any plastics, like on the fuel tank to avoid possible damage?

I was surprised when I stopped in at my dealer, looked up my bike's VIN, ordered the parts, called within the week and now it goes in on Monday. 
For those who have taken their bikes in for the riser recall, do you recommend removing any plastics, like on the fuel tank to avoid possible damage?
no need.... they remove the bars.... unbolt and lift. Then they remove the lower riser.... 15 - 20 minute job 
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

Archived