New recalls on Yamaha triples

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I called my dealer and they have ordered my parts, hoping they come soon. 
Dealer said they would do this while I wait, I told him that would likely get them some money, as I'm sure I'll find something I can't live without in the 30 minutes it takes them to remediate the handlebar issue
Dealer called back last Thursday saying he had the parts in stock. took about a week for the parts to show up, but he says he can't do the work for another 2 weeks. (although he did acknowledge the work only takes 30 minutes. 

I went in for the recall and ended up getting my ECU flashed also. I would have bought my dealerships t-shirt also but the were out of my size. I just need to sit in the waiting room when I'm there and not look around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I called my dealer and they have ordered my parts, hoping they come soon. 
Dealer said they would do this while I wait, I told him that would likely get them some money, as I'm sure I'll find something I can't live without in the 30 minutes it takes them to remediate the handlebar issue
Dealer called back last Thursday saying he had the parts in stock. took about a week for the parts to show up, but he says he can't do the work for another 2 weeks. (although he did acknowledge the work only takes 30 minutes. 
Went in today and had them resolve the handlebar recall - took less than 15 minutes, although I did have to re-adjust my mirrors.....

Well, I guess I know they did something.......

David, I found when I picked up my bike from having the bar riser recall done, I too needed to adjust the mirrors-because they installed the risers in the forward position rather than the orginal position.

• Premium Member
David, I found when I picked up my bike from having the bar riser recall done, I too needed to adjust the mirrors-because they installed the risers in the forward position rather than the orginal position.
I'll have to check to see if they did that on mine too. I've put ~400 miles in the last two days, after they did the work, and the handlebar position feels fine. Maybe I'm just not very picky. 

Been over 2 weeks since my dealer supposedly ordered my handlebar recall parts... they said it would be 4 days, still waiting, and riding it almost everyday.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Been over 2 weeks since my dealer supposedly ordered my handlebar recall parts... they said it would be 4 days, still waiting, and riding it almost everyday.
When I called to order my parts, they said it would take about 2 weeks for the part to come in, and then I scheduled the work for the next Saturday morning. All in, it took about 3 weeks. Although some of that time was because I wanted the Saturday appointment. 
And I didn't stop riding while I was waiting.........

• 2 weeks later...
The handlebar/riser recall was already accomplished on my bike before my dealer took delivery. My bike is new leftover 2015 bought last month. The upgrade left the wiring looped on the rider side of the risers and the bars mounted in the forward mounted position. Clearance for the wiring seems to be OK as-is. I may reverse the risers to move the bars back and then loop the wiring ahead of the risers.

Crazy it only took some of you guys 15 minutes. Mine took all day with an oil change thrown in. I wasn't expecting it to take long so I didn't arrange for a ride. I got there at 10am when they open. They told me the guy that was going to do the work got there at 11am and mine was the first on his list. They took it back at 11. They didn't finish till after 5pm. I was getting worried they wouldn't finish it before they closed at 6pm.

• Supporting Member
@root - Did they give you any indication of what was taking so long? It's not a complicated job, and even being slow and meticulous (which I totally appreciate) I wouldn't think it could be more than an hour or so of actual work. When I rotated the risers to move the handlebars forward, it took me about 45 minutes working at a very relaxed pace.

• Premium Member
Crazy it only took some of you guys 15 minutes. Mine took all day with an oil change thrown in. I wasn't expecting it to take long so I didn't arrange for a ride. I got there at 10am when they open. They told me the guy that was going to do the work got there at 11am and mine was the first on his list. They took it back at 11. They didn't finish till after 5pm. I was getting worried they wouldn't finish it before they closed at 6pm.
Something isn't right with that dealer! 
Either they didn't start working on it until 4:30, they didn't have the parts, and had to scramble to find parts somewhere, or they just didn't care about your warranty work, and prioritized other work ahead of yours.

They told me 4 hours after I dropped it off. I was expecting maybe an hour for the bars and at worst another hour for the oil change. I think the guy was just milking it. It's ok though, I work remotely so I walked to a Starbucks 1/2 mile away with my work backpack and worked all day. It was a beautiful day so I didn't mind it so much. Theres not many good choices for people to work on my bike around here. The independent mechanic I used to take it to retired. I usually drop the bike off and pick it up another day at this place. I just didn't have anyone that could come get me this time. I need to just get a bike trailer.

They told me 4 hours after I dropped it off. I was expecting maybe an hour for the bars and at worst another hour for the oil change. I think the guy was just milking it. It's ok though, I work remotely so I walked to a Starbucks 1/2 mile away with my work backpack and worked all day. It was a beautiful day so I didn't mind it so much. Theres not many good choices for people to work on my bike around here. The independent mechanic I used to take it to retired. I usually drop the bike off and pick it up another day at this place. I just didn't have anyone that could come get me this time. I need to just get a bike trailer.
Fyi if there's a uhaul near you it's only $16/day to rent a motorcycle trailer.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Archived