Black Widow - another exhaust option?

Henchman

16 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

-

Okay, thanks, so I am supposed to be looking in the FJ09 section. I saw "Tracer 9 GT" and was looking there, but that is the naming of the redesigned 2021+ model, not what I have. That's good to know because I see all the options discussed above.

The naming of these gets crazy, with there being different names of the same bike all over the world.

• Premium Member

@2and3cylinders

I would choose a longer 300mm oval or tri-oval if you want to keep the noise down.

I have the 300. It's loud. I wear hearing aids when I'm not riding and I think it's loud. I wear ear plugs when riding so the noise doesn't bother me. The neighbors may have a different opinion.  I may consider the extra silencer. Didn't realize that was an option.

Dan

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/2/2023 at 12:24 PM, fr8dog said:

@2and3cylinders

I would choose a longer 300mm oval or tri-oval if you want to keep the noise down.

I have the 300. It's loud. I wear hearing aids when I'm not riding and I think it's loud. I wear ear plugs when riding so the noise doesn't bother me. The neighbors may have a different opinion.  I may consider the extra silencer. Didn't realize that was an option.

Dan

Do you have the baffles removed for it to be that loud? I'm seeing mixed responses in this thread alone, along with the dB check another user did on here.

Sorry just seeing this thread in 2024 and weighing my options between this and the Leovince for '19 Tracer 900GT.

• Premium Member
On 4/5/2024 at 11:14 PM, SnowyPoutine said:

Do you have the baffles removed for it to be that loud? I'm seeing mixed responses in this thread alone, along with the dB check another user did on here.

Sorry just seeing this thread in 2024 and weighing my options between this and the Leovince for '19 Tracer 900GT.

Baffle is in. It sounds good, just too loud. Not harley straight pipe loud, but I'd like it a little tamer. Just ordered the db killer. I'll post my thoughts when I get that installed.

The headers are a clean look and I like the looks of the 300mm can. Not into the looks of the larger cans. Stock pipe is like a piece of furniture. An eyesore. 

The Leovince is a good looking exhaust.