• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Well... could have been a LOT worse.

• Premium Member
Cruising along around 65 MPH with the flow of traffic.  All of a sudden at one o'clock I see something come tumbling from under another car.  Looked like a square piece of wood.  No time to swerve so I just pucker up and feels like it hits the wheels.  Pull over immediately and found I was very lucky.  Whatever it was, could have hit the oil pan or the tire or the coolant reservoir.

Now my decision... do I file with insurance ($250 ded) or just pay the $532 for a new muffler assembly.  Or do I just ride on... Dent is pretty deep, but I have no idea if this will affect the exhaust which might affect compression?  Plus dealing with insurance companies is always a PITA.  

IMG_20180116_165925.jpg

IMG_20180116_165932.jpg

IMG_20180116_165937.jpg

IMG_20180116_170002.jpg

IMG_20180116_170720.jpg

• Supporting Member
First and foremost, I’m glad you’re ok and the damage to the bike is fairly minimal.

That said, you should be able to pick up a clean used stock exhaust for a fraction of the cost of new, and way less than your $250 insurance deductible.

Not sure if this one is still available, but just last week there was one posted for $50 plus shipping:
https://fj-09.org/thread/6278/2015-fj-09-stock-exhaust

• Premium Member
First and foremost, I’m glad you’re ok and the damage to the bike is fairly minimal.  
That said, you should be able to pick up a clean used stock exhaust for a fraction of the cost of new, and way less than your $250 insurance deductible.

Not sure if this one is still available, but just last week there was one posted for $50 plus shipping:
https://fj-09.org/thread/6278/2015-fj-09-stock-exhaust
I had visions of oil leaking out all over the back tire and me having a real bad day.  Glad it was minor.  Thanks for the heads up.  I pm'd the user.

Happy to hear we're discussing dented exhaust headers and not your dented head :P

That dent won't have a noticeable affect on performance and isn't unhealthy for the bike. You can ride it if you like.

'15 FJ09

no need to pay more insurance for a dented exhaust...either find a used one or get an aftermarket exhaust... I would also invest in a trail cage like the ones by Higdonion ?, makes me smile when you hear a good "TTtTTIiIINNNGGGggg" noise of a small pebble that just got denied permission to hit my motor...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
I have the H & B front spoiler and it has already saved my pipes from debris. ACtually hit hard enough to slightly crack the spoiler. Tried to JB Weld it but it didn't hold. Glad you didn't get hurt.5702406.jpg

A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Archived