Yamaha Niken Videos

Cruizin

This is a Niken test done by Marco Marini, of Rivista Motociclismo, posted May 18, 2018.  It's in Italian so unless you understand that language, it's best viewed for the unusual views of the wheels (from above) and for some of the shots riding the bike in really wet and cold weather and for some knee dragging that I haven't seen much of in other Niken videos.  Petty good stuff: 

Another Niken test video in Austria, this one done in French by Mehdi Bermani of Motor Dive.TV.  Except for those staged photo op shots on hairpin curves where it's easy to get leaned way over, Bermani seems to be a more laid back kind of rider and you can get a good sense of the roads and terrain he's riding in and the amount of effort he puts out to go around corners (not much). I could imagine myself running those roads and being just as entertained as he was.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Webike Japan review that did a pretty good job of getting some excellent action shots in rainy conditions as well as a deeper technical view of the mechanics that make the bike work the way that it does. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Premium Member
On 9/17/2020 at 2:04 PM, maximNikenGT said:

First video I've seen of a Niken going through a Gymkana in Japan. 

Nice video. Is it using a lot of its front suspension travel? Forks almost look like they're bottoming out. Looks like he still has his peg feelers, too. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

In theory he technically has more clearance since he hasn't scraped pegs - but watching him throw the bike into turns compared to other regular motorcycles with two wheels I can only imagine the tossing effort being  more pronounced at parking lot (slow) speeds.  

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
51 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Nice video. Is it using a lot of its front suspension travel? Forks almost look like they're bottoming out. Looks like he still has his peg feelers, too. 

This is the only video I've seen so far that tests the maximum lean angle of the Niken. 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
On 9/17/2020 at 12:04 PM, maximNikenGT said:

First video I've seen of a Niken going through a Gymkana in Japan. 

I love those gymkhana videos, it takes a lot of skill and finesse to master slow, tight/technical riding.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***