How about a red Tracer GT ?

Where did you find the 2015 Red as "Lava Red".  I have always thought it to be "Candy Red" same as the 2014 FJR's.  Watch this: 
Yamaha Color Chart

Honestly, Lava Red is the only color I have ever heard it called. 

Maybe its just what Aftermarket Paint Color is called.  To make it even more confusing, Color Rite lists it as Deep Red Metallic for both FJ and FJR.

And if you dig way down on Yamaha's color codes they also have a "918 DRMK Deep Red Metallic K", just like Color Rite's.  Confusing!

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

And if you did way down on Yamaha's color codes they also have a "918 DRMK Deep Red Metallic K", just like Color Rite's.  Confusing!
From this article... "The 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 will be offered in two colors: Matte Gray and Candy Red. In Europe, the color options are Matte Gray, Lava Red and Race Blu." I've also seen it referred to as Deep Metallic Red up here in Canada... article.  

This is entirely in line with Yamaha's confusing, irrational, perplexing product names for the bike itself - FJ-09/ MT-09/ Tracer, etc.   Keep it simple, folks! 
FWIW - it was always Lava Red here in Oz.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Here is what you get from a simple copy and paste of the FZ09 front wheel onto the FJ09 photo... black FZ09 forks and Candy Red fender. The color match looks good to me.

fj09_redfender.png

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Supporting Member
Here is what you get from a simple copy and paste of the FZ09 front wheel onto the FJ09 photo... black FZ09 forks and Candy Red fender. The color match looks good to me. 
fj09_redfender.png

VERY nice!  I like it.  I see a red front fender in my future.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

fj09_redfender.png

Like the look. Something to set my 2015 apart from all the other 2015 Candy Red FJ-09's. Well until I met up with 1 of Y'all, LOL! And at 116 bucks, a cheap Farkle! Let me add this to the list, mcruise, heated grips, front forks by Matt, Penski rear shock, radar detector, Candy Red Front Fender. Not in order of implementation.

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I just went to the Yamaha UK site to confirm this monstrosity is indeed the new color. It's hideous, what the hell were they thinking?

There's a been a trend of North America getting colors a year after they come out in Europe, so I'm hoping we get matte blue and not this mess.

2019-Yamaha-MT09-TRGT-EU-BSN4-Studio-001-03-Mobile.jpg

I just went to the Yamaha UK site to confirm this monstrosity is indeed the new color. It's hideous, what the hell were they thinking? 
There's a been a trend of North America getting colors a year after they come out in Europe, so I'm hoping we get matte blue and not this mess.

In Canada, we don't get the red color for the Tracer GT, but they decided to spring a red regular Tracer on us, complete with red front fender. 

2019-Tracer-900-Grey-3-l-jpg.png

Some blue 3M painters tape, your time to pull the parts and prep them, and then re-install them...

And two cans of spray paint.. Red metallic and clear. Done, and you can paint the rear "fender" hugger that should have come red from Yamaha too.

I'm going to be different. Painting the front fender, side panels and some after market hand guards Plasti Dip Orange. Yes, orange. Very bright, nice to see, and it's not so different from the red 2015 I have that it looks weird. (Okay, weirder than it could be?)

I don't want a low profile motorcycle. I want to be seen.

• Supporting Member
Did anyone pull the trigger on the red FZ09 fender yet? @betoney, @estell, @tktplz?? Just looking for confirmation on the paint match to the red 2015 US model FJ... I was debating on a carbon fiber fender, but am now thinking the solid red might be a better option.

• Supporting Member
Did anyone pull the trigger on the red FZ09 fender yet? @betoney , @estell , @tktplz ?? Just looking for confirmation on the paint match to the red 2015 US model FJ... I was debating on a carbon fiber fender, but am now thinking the solid red might be a better option.

I have not ordered mine yet, I will probably wait a few months.  I just ordered a Scorpion slip-on and next month will sent my suspension in for its 2-year servicing, all other frivolous expenses will wait until after the holidays.

I checked on the Colorrite website and the '14 FJR, '15 FJ09 and '17 FZ09 are all listed under the same paint code: 0918 Deep Red Metallic K. 

In Canada, we don't get the red color for the Tracer GT, but they decided to spring a red regular Tracer on us, complete with red front fender. 

It looks like they forgot to paint the rest of it.....:/ 
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

Did anyone pull the trigger on the red FZ09 fender yet? @betoney , @estell , @tktplz ?? Just looking for confirmation on the paint match to the red 2015 US model FJ... I was debating on a carbon fiber fender, but am now thinking the solid red might be a better option.

I have not ordered mine yet, I will probably wait a few months.  I just ordered a Scorpion slip-on and next month will sent my suspension in for its 2-year servicing, all other frivolous expenses will wait until after the holidays.

I checked on the Colorrite website and the '14 FJR, '15 FJ09 and '17 FZ09 are all listed under the same paint code: 0918 Deep Red Metallic K. 

I haven't ordered mine yet either. Think I'm doing the Mcruise and heated grip option first, then the front forks, and probably the Rear Shock. That will take me to March and in March we're usually riding the hill country. I'll have to see how farkles go after spring gets here. Love those farkles but like riding trips even more. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
That will take me to March and in March we're usually riding the hill country. 
The Texas Hill Country? Definitely get the suspension done first, and then head out for a few days shredding around the hill country. A well setup FJ is perfect on those roads.

• Supporting Member
That will take me to March and in March we're usually riding the hill country. 
The Texas Hill Country? Definitely get the suspension done first, and then head out for a few days shredding around the hill country. A well setup FJ is perfect on those roads.

Certain words just pop out at me when reading a post...  HaHa, just having withdrawls here, its been a week since I have been out rippin' up some twisties.

• Premium Member
I have not ordered a red fender yet because I would rather spend the money on Terry's seat. If my black fender gets any sort of damage then it will jump to the front of the line to be replaced by a red fender. I have replaced the red "fairing" on the left side of the tank because it got scratched and bent, so I am willing to replace plastic parts that are slightly damaged. 
My birthday is coming soon and my wife advises me not to spend money before my birthday.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch