How about a red Tracer GT ?

The Texas Hill Country? Definitely get the suspension done first, and then head out for a few days shredding around the hill country. A well setup FJ is perfect on those roads.

Certain words just pop out at me when reading a post...  HaHa, just having withdrawls here, its been a week since I have been out rippin' up some twisties.

Yeah, there's a bunch of us ole VMOA, VMax Owner Assoc Members who have known each other since the mid 90's. Some still ride Gen 1 VMaxes, others ride the newer Gen 2 VMaxes, reflashed right at 200 RWHP. After 3 VMaxes I was riding a 2000 ZRX1100 and also had a 1996 ZX11 Ninja. I'm more into the 2nd gear twisties where some of them are much more into the high-speed sweepers. We meet up in May in Eureka Springs then in September at Deals Gap. Besides that, I'm riding the piney woods of east Texas and NW Louisiana. And since I'm only 1 to 1/2 hours below Arkansas I can be by Push Mountain, Mountain View and Mountain Home, Clinton, Hector, that whole area in 1 day. Ride right up Scenic Hwy 7 from Arkadelphia. So a 3 day or 4 day weekend in Arkansas is easy. Pix of the ole steeds! 

IMG-4945.jpg IMG-5108.jpg
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Certain words just pop out at me when reading a post...  HaHa, just having withdrawls here, its been a week since I have been out rippin' up some twisties.

Yeah, there's a bunch of us ole VMOA, VMax Owner Assoc Members who have known each other since the mid 90's. Some still ride Gen 1 VMaxes, others ride the newer Gen 2 VMaxes, reflashed right at 200 RWHP. After 3 VMaxes I was riding a 2000 ZRX1100 and also had a 1996 ZX11 Ninja. I'm more into the 2nd gear twisties where some of them are much more into the high-speed sweepers. We meet up in May in Eureka Springs then in September at Deals Gap. Besides that, I'm riding the piney woods of east Texas and NW Louisiana. And since I'm only 1 to 1/2 hours below Arkansas I can be by Push Mountain, Mountain View and Mountain Home, Clinton, Hector, that whole area in 1 day. Ride right up Scenic Hwy 7 from Arkadelphia. So a 3 day or 4 day weekend in Arkansas is easy. Pix of the ole steeds! 

IMG-4945.jpg IMG-5108.jpg

Do you still have that ZRX-1100 ? That one is absolutely beautiful. I have always been fond of them.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, texscottyd said:

Did anyone pull the trigger on the red FZ09 fender yet? @betoney, @estell, @tktplz?? Just looking for confirmation on the paint match to the red 2015 US model FJ... I was debating on a carbon fiber fender, but am now thinking the solid red might be a better option.

I can confirm that the FZ09 red fender is a match.

P1050087.JPG

P1050085.JPG

P1050065.JPG

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Good - but how much???

The cost is $98.69 plus shipping from Babbits. link

Part number 1RC-21511-00-PDFender, Front UR FOR DRMK

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• 11 months later...
On 10/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, stevesweetz said:

I just went to the Yamaha UK site to confirm this monstrosity is indeed the new color. It's hideous, what the hell were they thinking?

There's a been a trend of North America getting colors a year after they come out in Europe, so I'm hoping we get matte blue and not this mess.

2019-Yamaha-MT09-TRGT-EU-BSN4-Studio-001-03-Mobile.jpg

Anybody knows the colour code of the Nimbus Grey cowling and the Red side panels? My bike is exactly like this and I need to touch up after I dropped it.

On 10/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, betoney said:

I have to say, I personally HATE the new colors.   
The dull gray with a bright red side shroud looks like a terrible mis-match.  I agree with @David that the bag lids need to be black.

hah yeah, I got the dull gray with bright pearl white side shrouds, and hate the stock colors too.   Just saved so much money getting this colorway instead of the black and blue.  I've already done the shrouds to matte black which helps *enormously*, the bright mismatched shrouds just looks bad.  I'd *love* that new red, though.

I often wonder where Yamaha comes up with its colors?  I was so excited by the picture in the OP I got the checkbook out, only to read on and find out not. Who is Yamaha trying to market to with these terrible colors, color combinations, and wheel colors?  They must know something?  I cannot believe they wouldn’t sell more bikes by classing up the colors.