Winter time weather complaining and off topic discussions

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

@koth442 - I know, right?  We had a hard freeze here overnight... not what I would expect in early March on the Gulf Coast. We will experience all four seasons in a single week!

Seems to be a mid-west thing.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

And it's still snowing in Seattle......

We still have about 18 inches on the ground, although at least the streets are now clear

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, DavidS said:

We still have about 18 inches on the ground, although at least the streets are now clear

Crazy how much of a difference a little distance can make.  I'm just South in Olympia and the snow has been long gone for well over 2 weeks.  Ive been able to go out for a few day rides in the last few weeks.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, DavidS said:

That's a lotta snow O.O

'15 FJ09

It could be worse...

I'm in the FL Keys without a bike!

cb

fish.JPG

Edited by nhchris
  • Haha 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, nhchris said:

It could be worse...

I'm in the FL Keys without a bike!

cb

fish.JPG

Still wearing your Hi-Viz gear though.  👍

• Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

We haven't had a hint of warm weather in Massachusetts. I'm losing it with a brand new bike sitting in my garage since November. I've managed to put on about 500 miles but always too cold to be able to ride for more than an hour or 2 at the most. Today we have freezing rain so I headed out to get breakfast with my girlfriend. Coincidentally we were kind of close to a Cycle Gear so we stopped in and I bought a pair of Street & Steel Oakland jeans and a pair of Bilt Dexter shoes for riding in the summer. I'm treating the fact that at some point summer will arrive as an act of faith. I did my rear shock and K-tech fork cartridges are in and just waiting to get the bike in the shop. I got nothing else I can possibly buy for the bike or riding gear.

Edited by Guest

• Supporting Member

My afternoon work appointment just cancelled.   It’s cloudy but dry, and I hear the backroads calling.  

Expense reports or four hours winding out the CP3?  I think this decision is self-evident.

DDED90A7-95B9-44BA-A58E-14B575AD18B4.thumb.jpeg.93ba7ebe023bfc9607403585b1c8071d.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Yeah, this is WAY better than catching up on office admin... 

BC28BEAE-2C97-45B5-A8F5-64B9EB454B7A.thumb.jpeg.850ae99e94755e7c6031ed9e056aa52d.jpeg

I'm jelly.

I'll be in Knoxville for training the rest of this week and next with an open weekend. I don't trust the weather nearly enough to bring the FJ. I guess my 911 will have to do 😈

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

Weather is in the 60's with 70's and dry predicted for most of this week. Cleaned the bike up, adjusted the chain, ordered a new shield for my helmet, I'm thinking I may have a recurrence of my amnesia, and forget how to get home from work a few days this week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1