Winter time weather complaining and off topic discussions

From too-hot Australia, currently beset by raging bush-fires in the south (Tasmania) and once-in-a-hundred years flooding tropical monsoonal rains in the north (here in Queensland)  I cannot help sending best wishes to all you Traceristas in North America and the UK on account of the awesomely bad weather you're currently experiencing.   I've experienced a bit of both there, and you can have it, but I feel for you!

Here at home, weeks unending of high-humidity daytime temps of low- to mid 30's C (88F to 97F) and overnight lows of mid 20's C (mid-high 70's F) have turned me into a petal or snowflake.   I haven't ventured out for over three weeks now, so I can share your frustrations, while wishing you all well.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Superbowl Sunday in New England. The temperature hit 40 so I decided to kill some time before the game and install spools and mirror extenders and take a ride and see how new K-Tech rear shock feels as it's been too cold to ride since I installed it a few weeks ago. I'm liking it. The harshness over sharp edge bumps is much better. Handling feels better overall even though I haven't set the sag yet.  I  bought a pair of mirror extenders on ebay for $23 and wow....what a big difference. I can finally see past my shoulders all the time. I think this is a big safety improvement. They also look like they are a stock part.

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Also fits FZ09 and FJ09 Tracer. Fits MT-09 naked and MT-09 Tracer. Aluminum 40mm spacers for the MT family. Very easy to fit...

Edited by Guest

• Premium Member

Unlike the guy a few posts up, I don't have ski's fitted to my FJ-09, and it has been icy and snowing in Seattle.........

No commuting today or tomorrow on the bike until the snow and ice goes away!

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, DavidS said:

Unlike the guy a few posts up, I don't have ski's fitted to my FJ-09, and it has been icy and snowing in Seattle.........

No commuting today or tomorrow on the bike until the snow and ice goes away!

Seattle is phucking hell when it snows or gets icy. I have been there numerous times when it snows and people just leave their cars in the middle of I-5 and walk off. 

• Confused 1

On 1/31/2019 at 12:34 PM, wordsmith said:

From too-hot Australia, currently beset by raging bush-fires in the south (Tasmania) and once-in-a-hundred years flooding tropical monsoonal rains in the north (here in Queensland) ...

FIRE AND ICE

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Robert Frost,  1920

cb

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

I've been riding my bike to work this winter (about a 40 minute ride) in temps as low as 18°F. With a heated jacket liner, heated grips and heated seat it's not bad. My biggest gripe is having to leave my face shield partially open to keep it from fogging up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, new1709rider said:

I've been riding my bike to work this winter (about a 40 minute ride) in temps as low as 18°F. With a heated jacket liner, heated grips and heated seat it's not bad. My biggest gripe is having to leave my face shield partially open to keep it from fogging up.

You're more of a man than I.

'15 FJ09

^^ No Koth, those heated jacket liners are just that good, heat in the neck, chest, back and arms with three levels of heat, it can feel real cozy! For a longer trip I'm sure heated pants would be handy but for my commute thermals under my jeans with over pants take care of the legs just fine.

Edited by new1709rider
Sp.
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1