Winter time weather complaining and off topic discussions

5 hours ago, norcal616 said:

The colder it is 'round here the easier it is to drive... Anything below 0°f makes the snow grippy 😃 

Right.  And just a spray or two of ether into the air box gets her going real quick!

And winter touring and camping on the FJ just can't be beat...

cb

tent.JPG

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

2 hours ago, stumpy said:

holy crap you guys!  I just got back from a ride on the sleds in -22C and had a blast! but wait...maybe there is something wrong with me...lol.

Honestly I think the cold would be more tolerable if it WERE actually snowy. This BS where it's -8C but sunny blue skies is just torturous. 

'15 FJ09

On 1/16/2019 at 10:35 PM, chesterburnet said:

This officially sucks. I have a 2 month old FJ 09 sitting in the garage with a brand new K-Tech Razor installed and the weather is as cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra........and predicted to stay like this. Plus I have a pile of small accessories that came in the mail that I can't install. I've been able to get out for short rides pretty consistently until the last week. Managed to put 500 miles on it since early November. I'm frustrated. At least the Patriots are in the AFC championship game again.

Update: Temperature has been hovering around 0 for 2 days but now the Patriots are in the Superbowl......again.

Last weekend I put on the OEM Heated Grips ole St. Nick brought me. Now it's time to fix the throttle governor Yamaha put on my 2008 ZUMA 50cc scooter. You know how it is.......Scooters are like fat chicks. They are both fun to ride till your friends catch you on 'em, LOL! The update will get my top end to 43 instead of 37. 

I'm in N W Louisiana and we're right in the middle of the worst 6 weeks of winter here. The month of January and the first 2 weeks of February.  The other end of the spectrum is the last half of July and the whole month of August is too hot to ride. It's like riding into an oven. Bought the ZUMA new in 2010 when I bought my Travel Lite 690FD Truck Camper for my 1999 Tacoma extra cab Prerunner. To buzz around campgrounds and Forrest roads in the park area. Should be fun this next weekend. The OEM grips went on without a hitch. I put 2 wraps of electric tape on the left bar and set the temps in the menu area to low = 3, Med = 6 and High = 8. Too about 2 hours to install and installed the grip in the new throttle apparatus on the bench and put it on the bike and then hooked up the throttle cables as in this vid. Good Vid!

Have a fun winter folks and hopefully you have some projects to keep you busy.

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

11 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

Update: Temperature has been hovering around 0 for 2 days but now the Patriots are in the Superbowl......again.

The Superbowl should be renamed the Patriots Invitational. 

'15 FJ09

8 hours ago, koth442 said:

The Superbowl should be renamed the Patriots Invitational. 

I know, I've been a Raiders Fan for about 55 years. Don't get me started on the Patriots......

• Haha 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member

Tonight another 6 inhes is forecast to go on top of the 10in we have on the ground

Yesterday I took out the 26 inch snow thrower and started pushing back the walls lining the drive-in parking area so I had room for more snow

Then well it warms up into the low 20s Monday and we have fun cleaning up Tuesday drops into the toilet and a high of -14 F is forecast for Wednesday

All I seem to do is work come home and clean up take Ibuprofen and do it again the next day

got to get my new shock ordered so I have a little project completed as most everything else is done other than throw on new rubber with my No Mar machine, which will wait until the spring while a pair of RS3s in the basement snuggle together

Keeping the 26 inch, 4 stroke, seven forward 2 reverse speed self propelled Sears snow thrower has top priority, as does staying stocked with calcium chloride.

At least the last IMS of the season is in 19 days here in Chicagoland.

The new Triumph Speed Twin looks and sounds real sweet.  Reminds me of my white and blue 72 TR6 750...

Here in Michigan, it's the wind chill that's annoying,very rarely does mother run outta breath...when she does we get summer like clear blue sunny skies... Freaking tease 😑. ..yeah it may show 10°f but in reality it's -10°f... Snow?  Bring it on!!!!! We got 'sleds (snowmobile)😁 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member

63 here in Oklahoma... just came off a 200+ mile ride....

• Thumbsup 1

2011 Ford F150 Raptor- Daily driver

2014 Cadillac CTSV- its nice

1995 Mazda RX7- Project car

2015 FJ 09- I Needed 2 wheels again...LOL😉

Cold fog for the past two days. Was suppose to be warm and sunny. 41 right now but about 1/4 mile visibility with the fog. This sucks.

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy