1/1/2019 Who's riding today?

A very rare 55-degree day here in NJ and will definitely get a good ride in today. Who else is lucky enough to be able to get a ride in today?

This is likely the first long day I'll have on the FJ-09 and I'm looking forward to it. A lot will be learned today.

Happy New Year and ride safe, everyone.

• Premium Member

Not today.  I’ll be driving with the family 2/3 of the distance from Phoenix to home near Dallas.  Enjoy the ride those that get out!

kltk1 what part of NJ?  I grew up in Camden County.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• Supporting Member

It's going to be a cold one but at least it will be dry, so I'm going to take advantage of heated grips and heated vest and get some miles in.

Screenshot (13).png

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Managed to get a 140 mile ride in today, some rain and only 7 celcius but a chance to ride some great Welsh roads and take some photos locally.

71C3DC5A-D628-4517-A713-5E0D4DC6C413.jpeg

3D36571E-21BD-4E09-8AE5-B265E7ADC6AE.jpeg

7C9506C3-DBA0-4A24-B5F6-1B13B0572A0C.jpeg

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member

Not today! I had a nice ride out to the Oregon coast yesterday to meet up with a couple other forum members. Today I need to deal with a tree that fell down on the neighbor's fence, and some plumbing issues at my son's house. Yay chores.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, rustyshackles said:

Not today.  I’ll be driving with the family 2/3 of the distance from Phoenix to home near Dallas. 

I'm a Texas native myself, living in the Phoenix area (Hook 'em). Ironically, the surrounding mountains here have some snow and sub freezing temps right now, meaning I'll need to come up with some "errands" and putter around the city's grid today if I want to ride.

Just got home. Had a good day. 125 miles. Started out at 55 then dropped to 42 by the time I got home.  This is a great bike and I learned a lot today. 

Glad to see so many had the opportunity to get some 2019 riding in... There were a ton of bikes out here in North NJ and the Bear Mountain area of NY. 

Bowlin - I'm jealous of you guys that you get that beautiful blue Tracer 900. Keeping the fingers crossed they bring it to the states next year. 

13 minutes ago, kltk1 said:

Bowlin - I'm jealous of you guys that you get that beautiful blue Tracer 900. Keeping the fingers crossed they bring it to the states next year. 

Yes, it's a lovely colour. let's hope Yamaha see sense and release it in the U.S. - Just seen that Schuberth make the C4 in a matching blue.....

schuberth-C4_Matt_Blue-45.thumb.jpg.3916eede1026c906acd939d0b63534e6.jpg

I got out for a couple of hours today in southern Massachusetts. It was 55 when I left and 47 when I got back. I was bored so I installed aftermarket pegs when I got back and then went out for another 1/2 hour to try them out.  Happy New Year!

I did see others out riding.

• Premium Member

A friend and I rode to Marietta, OH for lunch.  Chilly but good enough for a 200+ mile long ride on New Year's Day.  I saw no other motorcycles all day.

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

Archived