Ignition switch does not turn / stuck in Tracer

Hi , after a ride i tried to open the main ignition switch and it is stuck , it won't turn forward only backward to the parking option.

I have tried to put some oil / wd40 and nothing.

My handlebar is closed now.

My bike is mt09 tracer European version with imobilizer not like the American version fj09.

Can I just replace the main switch from partzilla for 100$ ? Or what should i do , i don't want to force it , I'm afraid to break the key inside of it.

Please help me  !!! 

Right now the handlebar is locked. 

The main switch only turns backward to the parking option. 

When I want to turn it clockwise it only makes a half a turn.

Maybe the handlebar locking mechanism is blocking me.

Hi again , about the main ignition switch,  can I put the U.S. version one instead of mine  while I'm having the original key (with the chip - imobilizer) in my pocket , will it work that way ?.

Thanks 

The ignition switch and barrel are held in with anti-tamper bolts, for obvious security reasons. Swapping should therefore be your absolute last response.

Try wiggling the handlebars gently, side to side as it sounds like the handlebar lock is engaged. Do this as you try to turn the key gently. The other problem I’ve noted occasionally is the key not being fullly depressed as you try and turn it, so push down gently as well.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I don't suppose this helps at all, but here goes.   The keys are made of jello.   They should def not be left in the seat-lock keyhole as they stick out a long way and it's so easy to brush against them when walking around the bike, and they bend if you even look at them.   Which I know to my shame, having been there, done that more than once, including already once on this new bike of mine.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

When applying Wd40 the best is to spray it on the key as you pull it in and out so that it gets passed the rain cover that closes when you take the key out. You should give the wd40 some time to work its magic.

16 hours ago, ilanr1 said:

Right now the handlebar is locked. 

The main switch only turns backward to the parking option. 

When I want to turn it clockwise it only makes a half a turn.

Maybe the handlebar locking mechanism is blocking me.

Force the handlebar to the left. Some cars get stuck steering wheels because the wheel is forced back against the lock pin, you might just have to release some pressure on the pin.

Problem solved !!!! , i got help from my friend that is a mechanic.

We disassemble the main switch and then we hit it with an hammer !!! , then the mechanism got free !!!.

Right now i'm not locking the handlebar just using the main switch for on - off.

Anyone know if I can change the main switch to the u.s one that has no imobilizer function in it ? , with a small talk with a mechanic it should work , I only need the original key in my pocket or in a close distance for the computer to recognize it.

Thanks 

as far as I know- probably not due to a EU spec ECU file being accidentally flashed to my US spec ECU and the tuner couldn't get the bike to "fire" but had power all over the bike... tuner thinks the ECU was looking for the "immobilizer" signal... 

also check the wiring diagrams to see if the immobilizer sends a signal thru the main key switch...

also I wonder what the insurance companies would say if your bike got stolen...I dunno how that works over in EU...

I have also heard a few times over about 10yrs, the locking bolt can get bent enough to jam if handlebars were locked and bike got knocked over...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived