Pillion Heal Plates

yammy

I have scuffing and scratches to the pillion heal plates

I sent some pictures to Yamaha Europe as I wasn't impressed with the scruffs and scratches and never had a problem with my previous Yamaha's

They just put it down to a high wear area and that they are susceptible to scruffs which they deem is unavoidable

It has been passed to the motorcycle technical staff who sometimes pass these reports back to the factory so maybe something Yamaha may considering improving in the future

Has anybody got any advise on how I can hide the scuffs to the pillion pegs? 

Paint them with something like this ?

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop Plasti Dip Mulit-Purpose Rubber Coating - Junior - Black - 250ml.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that Clear-bra or the like (transparent) film does a GREAT job protecting those areas from your heels. Very durable.

Unfortunately that doesn't help you cover up the scuffing. Maybe some matte gray pant and then clear-bra?

-Skip

• Premium Member

While I don't have a "Tracer GT" only a lowly 2015 FJ-09. I like that mine are a bit scuffed up.  

It shows that it's not a garage queen. It's been places and done things. Sometimes in some not so good conditions.

YMMV

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived