Pattonme (Matt) No Longer, What Option Now?

Nuckingfuts

I'm new to the board and have spent a great deal of time reading up on budget suspension options and decided on getting  Matt (pattonme) setup. Hes no longer responding and have come to find out he may not be an option anymore. 

So now I'm on the hunt for the next best option within the same price range for fork upgrades. Thoughts?

• Supporting Member

@stoltecmoto has an option for the one active leg... see here. This is similar to the Gold Valve option, but with a re-worked needle. You can do this yourself, or swap out for a completely reworked cartridge. Matt's options were uniquely creative for us, and he's been a great resource for all things suspension... with no strings attached. Hope his health is alright.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

@Nuckingfuts  Be sure to always check our supporting vendor section, Patton me isn't the only option. Stoltec is very good as well, and great cust svc! Piotrek already linked him above for ya. 

Cogent Dynamics is also a vendor here and an excellent suspension shop as well, and they will get right back to you when you call or email them.

Phone: (828) 628 9025  raceparts@motocd.com

@motocd

On 3/10/2019 at 6:57 PM, piotrek said:

@stoltecmoto has an option for the one active leg... see here. This is similar to the Gold Valve option, but with a re-worked needle. You can do this yourself, or swap out for a completely reworked cartridge. Matt's options were uniquely creative for us, and he's been a great resource for all things suspension... with no strings attached. Hope his health is alright.

I was able to reach Matt last night and we chatted for a while.  I'm not going to go into everything that's keeping him from the forum but he his doing ok. Busy as hell with work as usual.  Anyway he did say that the easiest way to reach him is via a phone call at this point (which he previously posted on the forum, link below) and does plan to get back to the forums when time allows. I'm not sure about his turn around time on a custom suspension, but he does have some stock that he could probably ship out fairly quickly.

Regardless I'm just glad that he's doing ok.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I’ve got the stoltecmoto kit in my forks and the street nitron shock. Transformed the bike without breaking the bank. If you can spin your own spanners and don’t mind buying or borrowing a few tools go for it. The guys at stoltec are awesome for customer service.

I had wanted to do Pattonme's Intermediate offering.  Seemed to be just the right level for real world street riding.  Unfortunately, got no response to PM's and emails.  Apparently, I missed the post about calling.  So I emailed Nick at Stoltec and he responded immediately.  Went with the upgraded stock cartridge and springs for my weight.  Did the install last weekend and managed a short ride earlier this week.  Made a couple of minor errors on the install, which Nick provided direction on what it was.  He has consistently been very responsive.  I am very pleased with my experience with Stoltec and heartily recommend him.

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, fzkenm said:

...I emailed Nick at Stoltec and he responded immediately... I am very pleased with my experience with Stoltec and heartily recommend him.

I had a similar experience with @stoltecmoto... very helpful and responsive. I only bought the springs from them, but would have done the valve/piston kit as well, if it weren't for the cross border related issues/costs.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
On 3/19/2019 at 11:42 PM, Buggy Nate said:

I’ve got the stoltecmoto kit in my forks and the street nitron shock. Transformed the bike without breaking the bank. If you can spin your own spanners and don’t mind buying or borrowing a few tools go for it. The guys at stoltec are awesome for customer service.

+1 on the Stoltec cartridge and spring option.  My buddy chose that option for his forks (along with a Penske 8983) and his bike rides great.  Very nice upgrade for the price!   It is probably very similar to Matts forks which I have in my bike (also with a Penske 8983), except Matt modified both legs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, betoney said:

+1 on the Stoltec cartridge and spring option.  My buddy chose that option for his forks (along with a Penske 8983) and his bike rides great.  Very nice upgrade for the price!   It is probably very similar to Matts forks which I have in my bike (also with a Penske 8983), except Matt modified both legs.

I also have a Stoltec tuned Penske 8983, albeit third hand.  Scored it last year off FB market, someone bought an FZ09 shock from a buddy who did track days and was a bit lighter than I.  He had a sideswipe accident and his FZ was totalled.  He sold off parts, including the shock.  When I installed that last year, it was a major improvement and really pointed up the need to improve the fork to match.  It was a most fortuitous find.  I couldn't justify the full price of a new shock, but this was about half!  I had been looking for a while and Nick has developed an incredible reputation since the FZ-09.

I've got great expectations from the upgraded fork cartridge.  Just waiting to get a couple of new tools to do the corrections myself.  The short ride, with the "installation errors" was still a marked improvement over the stock setup.

Archived