Long shot but who knows.

• Premium Member

Well, got some new tires spooned on today and found out my front wheel is bent. On 8/21 I’m supposed to head out on  two week trip out west. I went to the shop to see about a new wheel and they can’t get one til 10/2. Anybody got a good spare front wheel sitting around? 
i can only guess it happened when I hit a BIG pothole a month ago. Funny thing is I’ve ridden about 2k miles since then. It didn’t vibrate either. 

6F0B0204-CB2B-4CA7-8EAF-4FD1EDB959A2.jpeg

Let’s go Brandon

I mean, obviously a new wheel would be the safest option, but if you've ridden it like that for a while, and no deflation, then tapping it in might give you some reassurance.
Also, is there any way you could fit a mousse or a tube , that would give you additional peace of mind maybe?

If you need it for the trip, don't mess with it. You're more likely to break a chunk out than straighten it with a hammer and then you are screwed. I'd ride it if you can't get another wheel then hammer away after the trip. 

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, kmev said:

If you need it for the trip, don't mess with it. You're more likely to break a chunk out than straighten it with a hammer and then you are screwed. I'd ride it if you can't get another wheel then hammer away after the trip. 

Agree with this.  If you have ridden 2k miles with no issues, chances are it will be fine.  Would hate to mess with it and make it worse and miss a 2-week trip. 

Completely intending to derail the thread... where are you going to out West?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

See if there is a shop that fixes damaged car wheels around you and have them look at it. A shop near me fixed one of my rims and it looked a hell of a lot worse than that for 75 bucks about two years ago and it's been fine since. Those guys know what they are doing, the pound on wheels all day.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member

There are businesses that do wheel straightening.  I had one straightened and welded several years ago.  Worked great after that.  It was much cheaper than a new wheel, but it took a few weeks with shipping and lead time, etc...

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Agree with this.  If you have ridden 2k miles with no issues, chances are it will be fine.  Would hate to mess with it and make it worse and miss a 2-week trip. 

Completely intending to derail the thread... where are you going to out West?

Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, The Dakota’s via East Tennessee. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member

A friend has an FZ-09. He’s going to let me borrow his wheel. Crisis averted. The only bad part is I’ll order a new wheel and it won’t be in til OCTOBER!

• Thumbsup 4

Let’s go Brandon