Greetings from Oregon

Hello all,

My name is Patrick and I recently purchased a 2020 900 GT in June, Love the bike but I am working out some kinks. Anywho Hello

F56BB737-F6F0-4B4C-876A-210DADE0A6E5.jpeg

Okay, Sorry about the following rant but I need to blow off some steam.

Immediately after the 600 mile service(within blocks of the dealership) I started getting multiple engine and oil error codes. The bike has been back to the dealer 8 times and they tell me it’s just an error for when you kill the bike while accelerating. Now cruise control is throwing errors and the Dealer is not getting back to me about the repair. There are many other issues with the bike but all I get is we’re running a test and we should know something by the end of the day and we will call to update you. BS, I have only received a call to tell me they will call with an update the next day with an update but they DON’T. I Love the way the bike rides but I am not putting up with this BS any longer. It was nice to meet you all but I am getting rid of the bike! 

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, Gt Rider said:

I Love the way the bike rides but I am not putting up with this BS any longer. It was nice to meet you all but I am getting rid of the bike! 

Instead of getting rid of the bike, how about getting rid of that dealer for your service work? 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 minute ago, betoney said:

Instead of getting rid of the bike, how about getting rid of that dealer for your service work? 

Nice, way to kick a guy when he’s down. Thanks

• Supporting Member
Just now, Gt Rider said:

Nice, way to kick a guy when he’s down. Thanks

Not trying to kick you at all, just offering sound advice.  In your area there should be many COMPETENT dealers and service centers that know how to work on a bike, I would avoid the one you went to at all costs.

Not sure about the cruise control issue but if it got an oil error light after an oil change, it might just be a slight bit low.  Even though the manual says to fill it to the middle of the sight glass, in reality they like to be closer to the top of the sight glass.

Hope that helps. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, Gt Rider said:

Okay, Sorry about the following rant but I need to blow off some steam.

Immediately after the 600 mile service(within blocks of the dealership) I started getting multiple engine and oil error codes. The bike has been back to the dealer 8 times and they tell me it’s just an error for when you kill the bike while accelerating. Now cruise control is throwing errors and the Dealer is not getting back to me about the repair. There are many other issues with the bike but all I get is we’re running a test and we should know something by the end of the day and we will call to update you. BS, I have only received a call to tell me they will call with an update the next day with an update but they DON’T. I Love the way the bike rides but I am not putting up with this BS any longer. It was nice to meet you all but I am getting rid of the bike! 

bought mine a month ago and there was a few times i felt like you,not that i have had any of the issues you are dealing with but there are few of quirks with this bike,,now that the motor has some miles under her and has loosened up and i am understanding the bike better i enjoy it more each day, Im sure there is nothing wrong with your bike if this happened right after the dealer ,,most likely something just needs to re boot .My mt07 abs lite kept flashing after i put a new tire on it,,i would shut it down and restart and it was fine for a while but every now and then it would flash ,the age of computers and bikes.  Not trying to kick a man when hes down but i wont take my bike to a dealer ,,not to say they are all bad ,,i would rather do the work myself,,but at this juncture you dont have much of a  choice .Go get your bike back,  find a new dealer ,,mean time keep riding it ,,you wont regret it

Best

• Supporting Member

@Gt Rider Call up corporate  Yamaha and talk to them about your problems and write down dates and names of people you talk to about it. Also look into your states Lemon laws and see if they can help you with the situation  

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member

@Gt Rider - Hi Patrick...  I’m genuinely sorry for the problems you’re having, and totally understand your frustration with a brand new bike.    

These are generally very reliable bikes, so I hope you can get it sorted out quickly & enjoy many trouble-free miles moving forward.   You say that you love the way the bike rides, so I hope you’ll see it through to get back to enjoying the inherent goodness of the bike.   

With it under warranty, you can take it to any dealer for repair & servicing.   If you aren’t satisfied - or more importantly, confident - with your current dealer, you have every right to look elsewhere.   I know it’s a hassle, but these bikes are worth it.   

Best of luck, and keep us posted.  

-Scott 

• Thumbsup 1

I have already been in contact with Yamaha corporate. They don’t know what to do or how to fix it. This will probably be the last motorcycle I will own, too bad it will leave a lasting memory of the bad kind. Leave it to me to find the 1 and only POS that Yamaha built, they DONT CARE