Howdy from Wild Wonderful West Virginia

As per my custom, I figured I better find a forum for my new scooter. I bought my FJ used with 18k miles. It has a center stand, heated grips, factory hard cases, and an aftermarket wind screen. I bought it on a Thursday and took it immediately on a moto-camping trip to the New River Gorge Bridge (about 6 hours by way of backroads). It performed flawlessly. A major step up in comfort from my old 2000 Interceptor! My only complaint is the lowering kit. I think it has a set of links and a lowered (not cushy) seat. 

62E051D0-AAA5-404B-8BEB-E43B52C61729.jpeg

B4737305-7F21-4E9D-9C43-56425C7E561C.jpeg

Edited by ewalker008
Add some pics
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Sweet!  Congrats, and enjoy the forum!!  Lots of very friendly and helpful folks here.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
54 minutes ago, ewalker008 said:

My only complaint is the lowering kit. I think it has a set of links and a lowered (not cushy) seat.

You can swap the factory links back on.  It looks like the front end is lowered to match, (the forks appear to be raised quite a bit in the triple clamps). 

Glad you are enjoying the new bike!!

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 minutes ago, betoney said:

You can swap the factory links back on.  It looks like the front end is lowered to match, (the forks appear to be raised quite a bit in the triple clamps). 

@Betoney with the eagle eyes as ever.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, betoney said:

The forks definitely are raised. I’ve got to get my hands on a set of oem links for it.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum and that is a sweet looking FJ. You should be able to easily trade those lowering links to some one who needs them for their stock ones.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Welcome to the forum!  There is a wealth of information here as well as some great folks willing to offer help with questions about our bike. 

There are some excellent roads in West Virginia.  Been a while since I was through there on a bike.  It was back when I had my VFR.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member

Welcome. I grew up In Grafton WVA 😎

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA