Wind screen

simon1963

13 hours ago, simon1963 said:

Hi guys. Can anyone recommend a aftermarket or Yamaha windscreen which protects better than standard. Thanks in advance 

Take a look at the GIVI website - they offer different height screens for Tracers and GTs of different years.

I have just fitted a model-specific GIVI screen to my 2020 MT-09 SP and couldn't be happier with the result.   Good value too at <AUD$200 shipped to me here in Oz!   Highly recommended too is the dealership I bought it from - Italy to here in ten days, and a response with 28 minutes - bleeve  it or not - to an installation query I had when starting to install it - <motostorm.it>. 

Address any queries to Andrea for top help in English!A2132.jpg

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Few really good threads already about this, good luck with your quest. 

A few HUNDRED threads...  enough that the forum has its own sub-section just for "windshields'.

https://www.tracer900.net/forum/38-fj-09-windshields/

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Such a personal thing.

At 6ft I ride with the puig touring screen with my visor up. It is completely still behind it, I love it. But I live in a colder place, where it is rare to want more airflow :)

Has anybody tried one of the Asian Clones of the MRA X creen (available for around £15ish) ??

I was looking for a Puig screen with the integral visor but there don't seem to be any available in the UK .

Edited by flyfifer

I have one from Amazon that seems to work well - it was $33 a bit more than 15 pounds.  Im not sure how well it will do all day in the rain and wind but so far has held up well in the "parallel position and one notch tilted up from that.  I'm running it on a MRA Touring windscreen - should have just bought the MRA Vario but didn't.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089Q7Q3DP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PhotoAl, that's the kind of thing that I have seen circa 15 of our great British pounds.

In truth I am never a fan of bolt on solutions and you seem to be saying the same a screen with an integrated visor would seem to be a more elegant solution than "clipping on" another part.

Unfortunately no clear Puigs with Visor available in the UK

The question is - Does an X creen at £65/£70 offer anything over a £15 clone ?? Perhaps your experience says No.