All Beaked Up

Shizzle

Looks like the first generation V Strom (and second in fact as well) but as long as it makes you happy...who cares. Actually I'm still debating - to do or not to do. Looks good.

Edited by Rick123

3 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I REALLY like that, let us know if any differences in air turbulence is noticed

Absolutly no difference made, purely an aesthetic addition, I fitted mine because I felt it balanced the top heavy look that the puig touring screen made

Screen and beak.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

On 11/6/2020 at 5:17 PM, HGP61 said:

Absolutly no difference made, purely an aesthetic addition, I fitted mine because I felt it balanced the top heavy look that the puig touring screen made

Screen and beak.jpg

I have the same screen on my Tracer, and the beak in the box. Have mounted it for a while, and now it is off again. Still not sure if i should put it on, or leave it off.

Edited by RonZuidhoek

21 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

I think the Puig is the best looking of the beaks available, but $150 USD for a little piece of plastic is crazy talk

Agree completely about the cost, I think the one I fitted was about £12, wouldn't have considered adding it if it was more expensive.

23 hours ago, RonZuidhoek said:

Still not sure if i should put it on, or leave it of

It's all down to the looks, if your not sure leave it off.

• 3 weeks later...

To everyone else who has beaked( or billed) their bike: you noticing a little "bounce" or "hop" in your front end at speeds over 100mph? I have since installing, thought maybe my front wheel was slightly out of balance; however, just got new tires on and "bounce" is still there. Thinking it might be the beak ( or bill).

1 hour ago, Larz said:

To everyone else who has beaked( or billed) their bike: you noticing a little "bounce" or "hop" in your front end at speeds over 100mph

Not at that sort of sped very often, (the corners come on too quickly if you do) the several times I have never noticed any issues and I don't think the beak would be stiff enough to cause any airflow issues that would result in any instability.

might be the wheel; seems unlikely 2 different brands of tires would do the same thing,eh. The beaky bill is slighlty flexible, was thinking it might be flexing at speed causing the bounce. Guess I'll pull it and lay the question to rest.