Thumb wheel and blinker switch lubrication

22 hours ago, flyfifer said:

OK.

The ultimate test.

Can you adjust the heated grips whilst riding ??

Yes, do it all the time. One thing that does annoy me though, how do you 'move on' to the next display/ item  having zeroed your trip/ fuel etc. I have to wait for the zeroed item to stop flashing before I can change display/ screen etc. Is that the only way? (To wait until the flashing stops) Or has someone smarted=r than me figured it out?

12 minutes ago, bowlin01 said:

Yes, do it all the time. One thing that does annoy me though, how do you 'move on' to the next display/ item  having zeroed your trip/ fuel etc. I have to wait for the zeroed item to stop flashing before I can change display/ screen etc. Is that the only way? (To wait until the flashing stops) Or has someone smarted=r than me figured it out?

A short press stops the flashing and you can immediately move on to other settings

• Thumbsup 2

18 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

Push the button again while it is flashing.....:)

• Thumbsup 1

On 4/23/2021 at 1:04 PM, bowlin01 said:

After scrolling the thumb wheel to what you want to reset, the light push makes that item flash. Then a firm press will zero that item out and you can scroll to the display item you want. Works for me anyway.

The quick press works but a long press puts it into the menu system.  I always reset a trip odometer, fuel used and fuel milage after refueling and have accidentally put it in menu mode several times.  One of those things that works but is more fiddly than I'd like.

On 4/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, flyfifer said:

I am not sure that Penetrating Oil is going to do contacts much good long term - but I am happy to be told otherwise.

Also a lot of penetrating oils are very hard on plastics.  So keep that in mind as well. 

• Thumbsup 1