Installing frame sliders on 2021 Tracer 9 GT

I'm installing frame sliders on 2021 Tracer 9 GT. Does anybody have the torque figure for the bolt that goes through the slder into the head ?? Thanks !

s-l500.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, bikelee said:

I'm installing frame sliders on 2021 Tracer 9 GT. Does anybody have the torque figure for the bolt that goes through the slder into the head ?? Thanks !

s-l500.jpg

I don’t have the factory torque value, and recently my dealer didn’t either!

Yamaha released the bikes before the service manual was ready, even for the dealers.

You can get close using the bolt’s diameter & a torque chart, typically found in service manuals for other bikes.

If you don’t have any, let me know the bolt size & I’ll see what I have.

• Supporting Member

@bikelee - The equivalent bolt on the FJ (where my Evotech frame sliders are installed) called for 33 ft-lbs torque.  Converts to 45 Nm if you prefer that convention.   

While I can’t guarantee it’s the same for the new T9, that should be in the right ballpark for now.   

• Thumbsup 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, Galen said:

I've been having a heck of a time finding frame sliders for the 2021 Tracer 9 GT here in the US.  Where did you get yours?  Are they for the T9 specifically, or for the T900 and are conveniently compatible?

You can get frame sliders for the Tracer from OES. I bought a full set of frame and axle sliders from them with no complaints.

I think you can get a little better deal ordering them through their ebay store.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 10:39 PM, roadwarrior said:

You can get frame sliders for the Tracer from OES. I bought a full set of frame and axle sliders from them with no complaints.

I think you can get a little better deal ordering them through their ebay store.

Will they fit 2021?  I don’t see them on the website

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 5:43 AM, OldBikers said:

I went with the SW Motech frame sliders, they are pricey but not by too much over others.  They look good and provide a platform to use as highway pegs.

When you say platform do you mean they are good to go as highway pegs, or you attach highway pegs to the sliders? I would assume #1, but wanted to be sure. 

My view is that "highway pegs" defeats the purpose of sliders as they will dig into the surface and cause the bike to either spin or flip.

The SW Sliders are rather flat on top and can allow your feet to rest on them.

• Thanks 1