2021 tracer 9 gt

Korak

On 11/4/2021 at 7:06 AM, Korak said:

Did you also look at the Givi topcase?  Does the top case work well with the side bags?

I see the top case on Yamaha's site and on Revzilla, however the needed rack is out of stock.

GIVI didn't have a rack listed for the T9 whereas SHAD had one so I went with the company that provided the product.  I had a GIVI 40L top case on my previous bike but the SHAD 45L is just slightly larger outside and will swallow two full face helmets.  Also the price of SHAD is lower than GIVI.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, zvezdah1 said:

will this be a 2022 or left over? When is it expected?  My dealer wasn't even remotely interested in getting me a leftover 21 since they didn't have one in stock.

Dealers have the T9gt in stock here. Getting the bike is no problem,but getting one with the fog lights dealer fitted is another story. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

I got the yamaha rack and 50l topbox and the pannier inner bags at the same time i picked up the bike,first time i have used the yamaha genuine topbox,always had Givi and more recently shad,they are both better quality and the inner bag for the topbox is crap i use my givi one, but with the yamaha one all 3 boxes are opened with the bike's ignition key.I want spotlights as the standard ONE at night is dangerous.

Kenny A,Thanks very much i did not know yamaha did spotlights for our bikes,i was looking at chinese one's and trying to get one's the same shape then you would need engine bars[which i don't want] so asked my dealer about the yamaha one's just now and they ordered 2 sets for customers back in july for end of november delivery and 1 set for the shop stock,i have just bought them,well happy,i have been out several times in the dark and cannot see where i am going had a couple of near misses already in the 5 weeks iv'e had it[in the dark],high beam they are ok but you can NEVER have them on high beam for more than a few seconds in this country there is always something coming no matter what time of day,so i will be setting them a bit further up the road than the dismal single low beam and having them on at night ALL the time.

• 1 month later...

@Kenny A. - have you received your Yamaha fog lights yet? @yamtracergaz- have you?

I am looking to order the Yamaha fog light stay / bracket from the UK as here in North America they attach to an engine guard, which I don't want. I would love to see some pictures of the installed lights and bracket if you could take some once you have them installed!

Cheers,

Rob

On 11/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, 2NDCHILDHOOD said:

The EU site is a veritable candy store of accessories for the 2021 but the US site basically has only top cases and the touring windscreen. I have not found any aftermarket sites that have anything yet either and it has been out for a year now. I love the bike but I'm anxious to make some improvements like a more comfortable seat and engine guards. Maybe it is a supply chain issue but it feels like Mamma Yama is treating us like a third world country.😥

US is not the prime market for the Tracer, despite the love some of us have for 'em, they don't sell very well over here. My 2019 sat on the showroom for nearly a year before I came along😏

• Thumbsup 1

50 minutes ago, Kenny A. said:

@rlambke19 Yes,got the bike with the fog lights fitted, about 4 weeks ago. Very happy with them. Will try and take pics. of them in the next few days.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny!

I am most interested in how the bracket mounts up. I have an EvoTech rad guard, so hoping that won't get in the way.

The fog lights themselves are available here in Canada - although they are pricey ($500 CAD).

Cheers

Rob