error code after front and rear tire change

Glad you figured it out. 
As I mentioned above, it’s easy to bonk the encoder ring with a tire iron, the bead removal foot of the tire machine, or on the “feet” which you set the rim into on the tire machine. 

Or maybe it was something else, but food for thought regardless. 
-Skip

Edited by skipperT
  • Thumbsup 1

I have been changing my own tires for 20+ years.  Never had a ring or sensor damage.  I am just guessing I messed up somehow.  But honestly cannot remember anything going unusual in this tire change.

But lesson learned, no matter how long I have been doing something, do not get complacent. 

And again, I did this tire change on the floor of my garage.  So I am guessing that was the variable.  Once I had my lift working, the rear tire removal, ring swapped out and rear tire installed it was a smooth process.  

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

For the first 22 years I used tire irons and then graduated to irons, Bead Breezer and zip ties on a steel welding table.

Lube was always experimental 

Then in 95 I built the Bret Cave and got off the floor or work table onto 22 feet of work bench and got a Handy Lift and dolly lift. My front and rear Pit Bull stands are ancient but still kickin.

Modified a Harbor Frieght tire changer, then in 06 bought a NoMar Classic and later their wheel balancer.

Do your body a favor and look at some of the several changers now available.

Knock on plastic I've never damaged a wheel, rotor or ABS ring or sensor (yet).

Of course my 15 Fastest Red FJ is my first bike with ABS, TC & FI

BTW a bead blast cabinet and 000000 grit glass microballoons is a great way to clean brake rotors.

actually I bought my NoMar classic in 2006.  I also have a balancer.  I have all the tools to do the job correctly.  I have probably now changed close to 500 tires in my last 20 years of tire changing. I also started out with a harbor freight tire changer 🙂  

and like I said, I have a lift it was just in for maintenance, so that was the variable.

• Thumbsup 1

yea not the case this time, I removed the tires, I changed the tires, and I installed the tires, all  by myself.  So I have no idea what I did wrong, but I only have myself to blame.  but I do think if my lift was working, the problem would not have occurred.

Edited by Rdecae81
  • Thumbsup 2

• 6 months later...

it has been a while since this happened.  but i wanted to note the great customer service from OBDLink MX+
my unit stopped working, I contacted support, and they sent me a replacement.  Replacement came in and connected right up and cleared my code. (let battery die, so I got low voltage code)
great customer service.  

• Thumbsup 1