error code after front and rear tire change

my engine and ABS fault lights are on.  In addition my cruise control will show on, but will not set.

so I just change my front and rear tire and front and rear brake pads.  nothing else

I made sure to not damage the front wheel sensor.

the bike actually rides great, and seems fine, but Cruise control will not activate, and on the display, bottom right corner, I have an engine and abs icons appearing.

NO I did not run the bike on the center stand. I did spin both front and rear tires after the pad exchange and did test the brakes lever feel.  Again never turned the bike on or started the bike.

any thoughts?

• Supporting Member

I am assuming you removed both front and rear wheel sensor prior to removing the wheels. Make sure they are fully seated flat and not cocked a few millimeters. 

It might be a good idea to fully remove them, it just takes a second and then clean and inspect them for damage before re-seating them. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I am assuming you removed both front and rear wheel sensor prior to removing the wheels. Make sure they are fully seated flat and not cocked a few millimeters. 

It might be a good idea to fully remove them, it just takes a second and then clean and inspect them for damage before re-seating them. 

Also theres a spacer on that sensor thats easy to put back on in the wrong position. Only 2 ways to mount it. Check your svc manual or look at a parts fiche online.

all good suggestions 🙂

so no I did not remove the sensor on the rear wheel, was not necessary, just left it attached to the rear brake assembly.

Front wheel yes i removed the sensor and zip tied it out of the way to eliminate damage.

I did remove the front sensor and used electrical contact cleaner.  
On my 2019GT there is no spacer on the front sensor.  just a metal bracket, and yes I did reference the part fiche and it is mounted correctly.

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Hook up to a code reader, either buy one and the appropriate adapter or take to dealer?

any chance you have a link to the correct code reader for a 2019 Tracer 900 GT?

I would buy one in a heart beat and even pay for overnight shipping.  But I have looked at the threads in this forum and all the links to code readers are expired.

2 hours ago, Rdecae81 said:

any chance you have a link to the correct code reader for a 2019 Tracer 900 GT?

I would buy one in a heart beat and even pay for overnight shipping.  But I have looked at the threads in this forum and all the links to code readers are expired.

Any one will work.  The adapter is a Yamaha 4-pin to OBD2 adapter.  

I use the readers that interface with your smartphone over Bluetooth as they do so much more than just read codes - you can get live diagnostic data as well.  The cheap $5 blue ones usually work, but I recommend the OBDLink Scan Tool LX 

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-lx/

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/134172786456

But seriously, it's not a fiddly thing, any one will work.

Edit to add: I prefer TorqueODB as a phone app to interface with it, but the Scantool LX has its own software that's pretty good too.  You can use any software with any adapter.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Any one will work.  The adapter is a Yamaha 4-pin to OBD2 adapter.  

I use the readers that interface with your smartphone over Bluetooth as they do so much more than just read codes - you can get live diagnostic data as well.  The cheap $5 blue ones usually work, but I recommend the OBDLink Scan Tool LX 

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-lx/

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/134172786456

But seriously, it's not a fiddly thing, any one will work.

Edit to add: I prefer TorqueODB as a phone app to interface with it, but the Scantool LX has its own software that's pretty good too.  You can use any software with any adapter.

ok so I need both items.  the cable goes from the bike to the OBDLink, and then phone app to OBDLink?

correct?

22 hours ago, Rdecae81 said:

ok so I need both items.  the cable goes from the bike to the OBDLink, and then phone app to OBDLink?

correct?

Yep.  OBDLink to phone via Bluetooth.  I leave the adapter cable plugged in under the seat, bought a second for the Tenere, but keep the adapter off as it sees use in the jeep as well.  

39 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Yep.  OBDLink to phone via Bluetooth.  I leave the adapter cable plugged in under the seat, bought a second for the Tenere, but keep the adapter off as it sees use in the jeep as well.  

ok got it.  I have now done some reading, so I will just get teh LX version and connect to my windows laptop.  that way I do not have to get the far more expensive iPhone verson

• Premium Member

I bought both the LX and a 4-pin cable but it sadly doesn't work on a 15 and I believe a 16.  Although I believe they connect via WiFi, or is that my fiber optic camera?

However, we early birds can read and clear codes using the instrument screen and buttons / switches...

well went to the dealer they were nice, but they offered no solution.

their diagnostic tool could not read my ECU.  They could not figure out why.

so now I am home, and I just realize in addition to the engine, ABS, TCS and Cruise Control, I cannot now access the menu.  I press the jog wheel and hold it for 5 seconds and the maintenance menu will not come up.

Pretty sure the maintenance menu is not tied to the wheel sensor. 

so getting pretty frustrated.  

good question, no I did not disconnect the battery when I changed the tires.

I keep the battery on a tender and I have a volt meter on the bike, it is a steady 13.3

I have thought about installing a battery from another bike, and might do that, but that would be a last resort. Simply put, no reason to think there is a battery issue.  plus on Sunday it was a solid 13.3 and then I rode for about 1.5 hours, so any low battery would have been eliminated.  At least that is my thinking.