What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 10/14/2023 at 11:25 PM, DT675 said:

Right!  
These Keys are all for the FJ and it’s couple different sets of panniers I have for it. 

Ya ... I could see there was a GIVI key on your ring.  I'd still separate them but just my preference.

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, miguelix said:

Got new exhaust for my Tracer!

A friend of mine is selling his 900 GT and we had a deal on his Arrow exhaust, including the slip-on and the exhaust headers.

I really like the new exhaust notes, with much more deeper and louder sound while idling, a nice and loud scream in high revs and some pops when you chop off the throttle, even with the catalytic converter and the db-killer installed.

Cheers!

085E2842-C562-46DC-A278-8C198FE500EE.jpeg

90106F96-6CC6-4805-8BCB-6C3B49F0CA8B.jpeg

Where's the cat?

Just before the can?

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, GTO MIKE said:

I used the Carbtune ,the one with rods made in the UK. Works great.

16974800129808223778775948337567.jpg

I use this too.  Really excellent tool, bulletproof, no danger of liquids getting sucked places they shouldn't be, etc.  Mine's seen half a dozen bikes now.  They're very reasonably priced, too!

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
6 hours ago, Yaman said:

I put new gear shifter on , 2 cm longer than oem. 

20231025_175658.jpg

I BOUGHT ANOTHER A FEW YEARS AGO BUT IT DIDN'T WORK, IMPINGED ON THE LINKAGE BEHIND.

caps now off

I presume you have a link for yours, and it works well? tanks

On 10/16/2023 at 1:14 PM, GTO MIKE said:

I used the Carbtune ,the one with rods made in the UK. Works great.

16974800129808223778775948337567.jpg

Thanks. That’s the one I plan on getting. Was just wondering what else people might be using. 

Well, total loss claim is settled now and paperwork done.  I'm no longer even technically a Tracer owner :(

I miss it!  No shade at the MT10SP, it's a wild ride, but the Tracer was a particularly perfect bike for me.  I have, however, definitely learned what a difference a top shelf suspension makes, though. If I where to go back, I'd swap out the forks and particularly the rear shock immediately.  You just don't know the difference it makes, until you do.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

... the Tracer was a particularly perfect bike for me. ... If I where to go back, I'd swap out the forks and particularly the rear shock immediately.  You just don't know the difference it makes, until you do.

Was your Tracer suspension completely stock?

1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, The Cheese said:

I added mirror stem extenders. Linked and pictured below. I had to modify the extensions. They would not screw completely into the stock mirror perch as they had no thread relief. Quick spin on the lathe fixed that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254555601399

BN9hQw6m.jpg

8M8XxVOm.jpg

BN9hQw6m.jpg

I have an ancient lathe but have not touched it 20 years.

I went a different route with my mirror extenders but did buy a set like yours, one of which I cut as a sleeve spacer to raise the left extender up about 12mm because I found out if a Sand Crane flies into you when you're doing 60 mph, it can deflect off your wind screen and slide over and hit your left mirror, spinning it around along with the extension so that hits the left control pod rocker switch, breaking it.

I could have likely repaired the rocker plastic or found a used one but at the time the pod was only about $60, so I bought a new one keeping the old switch as a spare because it still works fine.

Now the switch rocker won't get popped when I hit another Sand Crane.

Hopefully the next Crane survives our encounter, because it saddened me that the last one expired on the painted centerline behind me.  Sand Cranes, Great Blue Herons and their similar cousins conjure up an image in my grey matter of how a Pterodactyl may have looked in flight.  After obviously laying in wait for me, it amazed me how slow and laborious the Crane was when launching from a weed-filled drainage ditch at the side of the rode.  It timed it perfectly!

I have been VERY lucky not to have hit a deer directly (knock on plastic), though I have run over a cat and a Racoon, and knocked aside a German Shepard (all of whom of course ran off) but birds seemingly have it in for me.  They explode in a burst of feathers, and for their comparative weight, often leave an amazingly large amount of guts and a good-sized, very painful bruise behind.  They like to dive bomb me too, like aerial headhunters.  Turkeys time it so I'm just on them, and then cross the road right in front of me but seemingly not at all intending to make it to the other side; often 4 or 5 at a time.  Their fore and aft head bob is very distracting when you're trying to avoid them.  Purposeful target fixation tactics.  They figure at least one of them will get me.  I swear a Hummingbird wanted to make a nest in my helmet when I put it down on a picnic table beside me at a lunch break. I could go on but for your sake, have not.

20230728_102745.jpg

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I have, however, definitely learned what a difference a top shelf suspension makes, though. If I where to go back, I'd swap out the forks and particularly the rear shock immediately.  You just don't know the difference it makes, until you do.

Eye opening, isn’t it?    😀

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

claim is settled now

Bittersweet, I am sure.  Was it ever recovered, or...?

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount