What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Installed the grip puppies when I got home from work. I wear a 3xl motorcycle glove so the standard grips are way to small for me. I saved my pro grip gel grips from the R1 but they are too short on the fj. Instead of using soap to install grips I use compressed air. Been doing this for a long time and when you find the right spot they will slip right on.
221E2B50-C2F9-4753-9594-A164E015CDE8_zpsxazwfu1r.jpg

• Premium Member
I love Grip Puppies. Been using them for years.

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Over the past week I have made a few little changes> 

Made a little sunshade for the digital display- $1.60 cost of materials from TAP Plastics.  I used 1/8" ABS textured

010%20-%20Copy_zpsavixp3d6.jpg

016%20-%20Copy_zps1pww11kp.jpg

Added the Givi monokey rack and mount

009%20-%20Copy%202_zpsvonp2ar3.jpg

Adapted my old GPS mount from my Moto Guzzi

013%20-%20Copy_zpsytkcoxdg.jpg

Tucked the tail light assembly up under the bike

018%20-%20Copy_zpspxe34zw8.jpg

Swapped out the stock mirrors for Aprilia Tuono (and many others) mirrors.  Requires adapters to change LH thread to RH thread.  Better rearward visibility for me.

008%20-%20Copy%202_zpsyteskggp.jpg

015%20-%20Copy_zpsjizn4ce3.jpg

Hey SCLDR2, bike looks great. . With the tail tidy, is this the standard tail piece and you have just converted it? If yes, how did you do it? I have had an r&g tail tidy installed as recommended by dealer and the panniers don't fit on with the standard indicators. Cheers

I eliminated the metal extension and reattached the stock tail light assembly using two of the original mounting holes without modification, but had to elongate (slot) the two other holes to get them to mate up.  I made some bushings to space the assembly down about 3/4" under the tail.  New longer bolts were required.

• Premium Member
GIVI top box mounting kit came in today.  I got it mounted and mounted me el cheapo top box to it (JC Whitney $40 large top box).  I had to drill a few holes in the top box plate, but it turning out pretty well.
I had that same top case on my KLR, for being so cheap it was pretty nice! Lots of room. Enjoy!

GIVI top box mounting kit came in today.  I got it mounted and mounted me el cheapo top box to it (JC Whitney $40 large top box).  I had to drill a few holes in the top box plate, but it turning out pretty well.
I had that same top case on my KLR, for being so cheap it was pretty nice! Lots of room. Enjoy!
I like it.  I had it on my VStrom for about 3 years and like you said, lots of room and I have never had it leak even in pretty hard rain storms.  For the price you really cannot go wrong.

• Premium Member
I like it.  I had it on my VStrom for about 3 years and like you said, lots of room and I have never had it leak even in pretty hard rain storms.  For the price you really cannot go wrong.

Yep. It was always weathertight, not one leak or issue, and for the price it was hard to beat. I bought a couple of Plano plastic boxes with organizers to keep all my stuff in place. 

My graves exhaust came today!! Install only took 45 minutes. I took the tip off the factory muffler and didn't do anything with the center stand. Did the install on a swing arm stand 274E88F8-022D-4392-A092-592A2B79C01B_zps5msoht2v.jpg
Looks darn good. Spent most of last night switching between the Graves site and the Akrapovic site. I see you have the DB killer in on the Graves. I know sound is very subjective and having the Graves already, you better love it ;-) But hows the sound? I guess I'm more concerned on how loud it is. Not looking for retarded loud but just to know I'm on a darn motorcycle!

The two I'm looking at is either the Graves or Akrapovic Ti since I would like to keep the centerstand without much fuss.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated and also congrats on the purchase.

I guess I didn't know the graves had a db killer that's the way it came out of the box. As far as the sound I took it for a quick 20 mile ride and I love it. It gets loud but not too loud. This is a cross plane engine so it never gets that typical obnoxious sport bike sound.

So I just went out and looked and it will come out. Who knew? I think it sounds good as it is so I'll leave it alone for now

• Premium Member
Just installed the Koubalink mirror extenders I bought 2 weeks ago. MARVELOUS piece of machining. $30 for stalks that blend so well with the OEM mirrors you can't tell they are aftermarket. Those few inches makes a HUGE difference in rearward visibility. The stock mirrors were just | | <- that much short and gave too much shoulder & elbow in the view. Now, there's a beautiful, full 270° view behind, which makes me MUCH more comfortable. Love 'em!! If you don't like the stock mirrors, grab these!!

Today I'm going to take the bodywork off down to the tank and maybe take the tank off. I only have 450miles on her but the body work isn't aligned just right so I'm going to see if I can do anything to make it better. I don't have a service manual but because of this forum I've done some search's and it looks to be a piece of cake. This will also get me inside the bike to see how things work.

• Premium Member
Didn't do it today, but yesterday, I got my ECU back from 2wheeldynoworks and while I had the bike apart, checked the throttle body sync. It was spot on. Put the ECU back in and took the bike out for a test ride. It rides even better now!

Today, I just rode it to over to the motorcycle accessory shop and picked up a couple things.