What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Easy but eminently handy farkle: Take a small binder clip and zip tie the bottom loop to your handlebars between the risers with the business end of the clip facing you. Now you have a secure spot to hold on to the parking lot ticket or toll cash so you don't have to remove your gloves, fish around for your money, get your change, put your gloves back on, etc. while the blonde texting in back of you who is going to try to kill you 2 miles down the road scowls impatiently.

• Premium Member
Easy but eminently handy farkle: Take a small binder clip and zip tie the bottom loop to your handlebars between the risers with the business end of the clip facing you. Now you have a secure spot to hold on to the parking lot ticket or toll cash so you don't have to remove your gloves, fish around for your money, get your change, put your gloves back on, etc. while the blonde texting in back of you who is going to try to kill you 2 miles down the road scowls impatiently.
Nice, A picture would be helpful also, though this is very easy to do. I will then put it in the How-To section. This would be handy going into work so I don't have to fish around for my badge.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I finally cancelled my order for the factory heated grips. Ordered and paid for them when I bought the bike in April. On Friday, they told me the 'new' due date was November... Ridiculous. I'm not sure if the Dealer was the problem (as it seems a few sets had shown up here and there), or Yamaha, but I'm done waiting. I'll just get aftermarket for a lot less $$.
It's not just that dealer, nobody can get them (in the US, anyway).   I too have been waiting since April and have tried a couple of different sources and it's the same story everywhere.  The last notification I got, just the other day, was that they're now backordered until December 18.  That date likely is no more reliable than the half dozen or so other backorder dates I was given since April 1, which is to say that there's no correlation between backorder date and when stuff might actually show up. 
There have been people on this forum who got them from dealers who happened to have stock, but it seems like very catch-as-catch-can.

My dealer was up front with me early on in the process that Yamaha's ability to deliver certain accessories ("almost anything that's expensive") is very poor.  Yamaha complains that the dealers don't sell the options, but when customers do try to buy them Yamaha can't deliver.  That was the case for heated grips, luggage, luggage mounts, and frame sliders for me.  They successfully delivered the rear rack and engine guards on time, luggage two months later (missing two backorder dates), and luggage mounts two and a half months later (slightly ahead of the third backorder date).

I'm very close to canceling my grip order and going with some Oxfords.  It's more than a little debatable as to whether or not the integration of the Yamaha units is worth three times the price to begin with.  I could very nearly pay for my entire upcoming six day trip to Canada with the price difference.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
As Jim mentioned the horror stories abound regarding Yammer's ability to fulfill these accessory orders. Took my dealer 2 months for the hard bags and 3 months on the grips. Like he mentioned, my dealer was up front about the backorder delays, so I knew up front what I was looking at. I was OK with the estimated times but agree it's still annoying as hell it should take so freaking long for this. I really wanted the the bags & grips from Yamaha though so was willing to wait, and I was not disappointed in them. My dealer, OTH... well that's another story...
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

My heated grips came in last month. Waiting till after holiday for dealer install. Part of original purchase.
I would be curious as to when you ordered yours? 
It seems there's no correlation between order dates and delivery, i.e. backorders may not be filled in order. 

I was fortunate that my dealer had the bags and mounts in stock when I bought my FJ9.  I would be seriously pissed if I were still waiting for bags or mounts.

I finally cancelled my order for the factory heated grips. Ordered and paid for them when I bought the bike in April. On Friday, they told me the 'new' due date was November... Ridiculous. I'm not sure if the Dealer was the problem (as it seems a few sets had shown up here and there), or Yamaha, but I'm done waiting. I'll just get aftermarket for a lot less $$.
It's not just that dealer, nobody can get them (in the US, anyway).   I too have been waiting since April and have tried a couple of different sources and it's the same story everywhere.  The last notification I got, just the other day, was that they're now backordered until December 18.  That date likely is no more reliable than the half dozen or so other backorder dates I was given since April 1, which is to say that there's no correlation between backorder date and when stuff might actually show up. 
There have been people on this forum who got them from dealers who happened to have stock, but it seems like very catch-as-catch-can.

My dealer was up front with me early on in the process that Yamaha's ability to deliver certain accessories ("almost anything that's expensive") is very poor.  Yamaha complains that the dealers don't sell the options, but when customers do try to buy them Yamaha can't deliver.  That was the case for heated grips, luggage, luggage mounts, and frame sliders for me.  They successfully delivered the rear rack and engine guards on time, luggage two months later (missing two backorder dates), and luggage mounts two and a half months later (slightly ahead of the third backorder date).

I'm very close to canceling my grip order and going with some Oxfords.  It's more than a little debatable as to whether or not the integration of the Yamaha units is worth three times the price to begin with.  I could very nearly pay for my entire upcoming six day trip to Canada with the price difference.

jimf:  Hope you enjoy Canada!  What part are you traveling to?  I'm in Ontario but have family on both coasts! 

• Premium Member
Mine got all dressed up for touring...Headed back to PA in a couple of weeks...now with FJR cases (keeping the city cases for daily chores though)   :) 

[/img]

Bike looks great. Tour away..... What tail bag is that you have, I really like the look and it suits the bike. Cheers
It is made by SW Motech and is simply called "rearbag" .... It is expandable if needed, has a lot of storage in its stock form and fits the bike very well.  

• Premium Member
I could very nearly pay for my entire upcoming six day trip to Canada with the price difference.
jimf:  Hope you enjoy Canada!  What part are you traveling to?  I'm in Ontario but have family on both coasts!
A camp a bit north of Montreal in Saint-Alphonse-Rodriguez.  I'm going to be posting pics and things over on the "Trips" part of the board. 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Added the knuckle guard LEDs wired into the running lights and turn signals and I wired in the flash2pass off my old sv650. Since I had no luck with a service manual for this bike I went looking for other options. The new R1 uses the same led lighting system and I was able to find a service manual for that online. The wiring diagram for lighting matched of so I was able figure out which wires to tap into to make it all work.

IMG_20150907_191355331.jpg
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

As Jim mentioned the horror stories abound regarding Yammer's ability to fulfill these accessory orders. Took my dealer 2 months for the hard bags and 3 months on the grips. Like he mentioned, my dealer was up front about the backorder delays, so I knew up front what I was looking at. I was OK with the estimated times but agree it's still annoying as hell it should take so freaking long for this. I really wanted the the bags & grips from Yamaha though so was willing to wait, and I was not disappointed in them. My dealer, OTH... well that's another story...
Wow, I feel for everyone having to wait...that must make you crazy!   
To provide a counterpoint, however, I ordered my heated grips a couple weeks ago from my dealer and they arrived within two days.  I don't know if this is a Yamaha Canada vs USA thing or if my dealer has a second party OEM supplier or what.
//QED