What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
I recently started riding with the SCRC motorcycle club. They use CB for bike to bike comunication. I installed a Midway portable cb, and a Sena SR10 two-way radio adapter and a Sena SMH10R headset. The headset works great, much louder than the Uclear system. Have not had a chance to try out the CB yet. Power is supplied from the oem 12 volt outlet and the usb outlet I installed in the the extra outlet hole. I can add an external antenna if needed. Will try entire system on a group ride Sunday, weather permitting.

4406717.jpg  

4406714.jpg

4406707.jpg

I recently started riding with the SCRC motorcycle club. They use CB for bike to bike comunication. I installed a Midway portable cb, and a Sena SR10 two-way radio adapter and a Sena SMH10R headset. The headset works great, much louder than the Uclear system. Have not had a chance to try out the CB yet. Power is supplied from the oem 12 volt outlet and the usb outlet I installed in the the extra outlet hole. I can add an external antenna if needed. Will try entire system on a group ride Sunday, weather permitting.
Is that USB outlet a Yamaha accessory or did you order it elsewhere?  Thanks!

• Premium Member
I puchased the usb outlet on amazon, it was less than $20. I have a phone that really sucks up the juice so I got an outlet that has a 2.1 amp and a 1 amp ouput. I wired it to the battery with a 7 amp fuze.  This way I can listen to tunes from my phone while working on bike.I used a sae connector so i can disconnect  it if the bike is going to sit more than a week. There is a small led light that is on all the time.

• Premium Member
I like that @paladin. I've got a CB in my truck (for off-roading and cross country trips) and like it. I've also got a Midland CB lying around that maybe I'll put on the bike if/when I take it to Richmond.

Here's a slight preview of what I did today. I got a few other things to install tomorrow so I'll update in here shortly. Bye bye MEEP MEEP

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jATlmpK4c-I&feature=youtu.be]

I really like the LED hand guards. Do they blink with the directionals? How was the installation? Can you describe? Thanks 
 read this
Yes they can, as long as you wire them into the turn signals using the supplied parts.  The bike: black to black, Brown to yellow is the 12v turn, the other wire is the 12v, (on my US bike) no guarantees...

Install was typical for me, only needed one trip for a pan head SS I stripped, they mount to the outside deflector which makes getting the nuts very hard to get to...  I almost through bolted them, but take your time and do it right.

• Premium Member
Put case sliders on.
20160315_183707_zpsny7tnfgd.jpg

20160315_183632_zps9xilkk5w.jpg
And the Yamaha luggage rack is under there.... :)
20160315_191812_zps1c5yhsp3.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Picked up my "new" FJ (213 miles on the ODO) and rode 371 miles (7.5 hours) from Hazard KY to Detroit, MI in one go with a few breaks here and there. The bike handles great on the freeway, but I already despise the windscreen. At 5'7 I was getting blasted between the eyes with wind, especially whilst passing semi trucks.

Soon to come: new windscreen & a quicklock tank bag (thinking SW-Motech).
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

I discovered Alhambra Valley Road between El Sobrante and Concord, CA on my commute today.  It's got great twists and turns through the blooming hills.  It beats fighting commute traffic on Hwy 4 or 24.  This was also my first ride with the Madstad 22" windscreen . . . so much better wind protection than OEM windscreen.  The wind now flows right at the top of my helmet.  For reference, I'm 6'0".