What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Guest dmizer
It is my belief that the turbulent air pushes on the guards unevenly, which leads to the wobble....
I mentioned that ages ago here: http://fj-09.org/post/7698/thread but most people don't seem to agree. I think there's very good reason to believe that this is at least a partial contributor.

Decorated my FJR blue top box for the red FJ.  Supporting the Red, White and Blue.  Just in time for 4th of July.

4601328.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Decorated my FJR blue top box for the red FJ.  Supporting the Red, White and Blue.  Just in time for 4th of July. 

:) 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
It is my belief that the turbulent air pushes on the guards unevenly, which leads to the wobble....
I mentioned that ages ago here: http://fj-09.org/post/7698/thread but most people don't seem to agree. I think there's very good reason to believe that this is at least a partial contributor.
Perhaps wobble is not the right word for what I'm experiencing. I am getting steering input from turbulent air pushing on the bars. Which feels and is different than air pushing on the body of the bike.
I'm going with bar ends either way. So we shall see.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
I got handlebar MTX Bluetooth internally amplified speakers with accessible control buttons, mounted perfectly in the unused space on the handlebars. Hard wired power to the bike, turns on and off with ignition switch and picks up where you left off after it pairs with your phone automatically. Should be fun.
42f167eb22a843bb153c47cafb9f67bb.jpg

d5883b9ba7b8b213bf62e0b7855c06b7.jpg

• Premium Member
So. Hd baggers are not the only people playing "FreeBird" at ear bleed level....

• Premium Member
That thing is a bit too bulky, and takes up valuable real estate for gps/phone/etc. I think they should create two units which mount to the hand guards, to give you true stereo sound......

And mount the sub woofer to the top of the front forks

• Premium Member
Surely the sub woofer should be under the seat ?
My wife would ride more I'm sure..... ::) 

• Premium Member
Surely the sub woofer should be under the seat ?
I was thinking there wouldn't be enough room for a proper sub woofer under the seat, and I wasn't quite sure how that would effect the feel of the seat. 

• Premium Member
Took the hand guards off....

20160608_155448_zpsc8wtydv6.jpg

• Premium Member
Took the hand guards off....  
20160608_155448_zpsc8wtydv6.jpg
The FJ09 looks better without the handguards.  And by the way what kind of side stand "foot" do you have?  Does it come into contact with the centerstand or anything. 

It's a SW-Motech from Revzilla. Looks like it's back ordered though... :( http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-sidestand-foot-enlarger-yamaha-fj-09-xsr900